winter fuel payment

1101112131416»

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,811 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Candy53 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. Do you know when he should apply?

Candy

some time in the summer / autumn think - they're currently still dealing with claims for this winter (until the end of march). I suggest you keep an eye on the page below to see when they start talking about winter 2015/6 rather than 2014/5

https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/how-to-claim
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ok, I will. Thanks alot.

Candy.
    What goes around, comes around.
  • Candy53
    I'm fuming! They've changed the dates again for the 2015/16 fuel allowance. The dates they gave before, made my DH elligable for the allowance. Now, they've changed them, and you have to born before 6th January 1952. So you have to be born inbetween the 1st and the 6th?!

How tight are they going to make these dates! It's a con. They just change the dates to cut down on how many can claim.

Candy
  • Candy53 wrote: »
    I'm fuming! They've changed the dates again for the 2015/16 fuel allowance. The dates they gave before, made my DH elligable for the allowance. Now, they've changed them, and you have to born before 6th January 1952. So you have to be born inbetween the 1st and the 6th?!

How tight are they going to make these dates! It's a con. They just change the dates to cut down on how many can claim.

Candy

2015/16 eligibility is to be born before 5 January 1953.
  • Candy53
    Oh good. Thanks for letting me know. I got the info from here:

They've obviously got it wrong then.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/money-matters/claiming-benefits/heating-benefits/

Candy
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 April 2015 at 2:50AM
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    2015/16 eligibility is to be born ON OR before 5 January 1953.

In order not to alarm all those people born on 5/1/53.
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • penrhyn---If you can afford an ipad, then perhaps you are suffering from hypothermia. You are given the money to assist with ***HEATING***. An Ipad will not do that
  • I don't think the eligibility dates have been changed in between last financial year and this financial year?

I hope not - as I was born just after 5 January 1953 and therefore wont be paid my 2015 winter fuel allowance money (though I've reached my revised SPA).

Total loss =
    £200 not paid this year
    £10 for a second "reaching pension age at last" bottle of champagne

I had a bottle of champagne to celebrate finally reaching my revised SPA and the second one will come January, ie to celebrate changing from "nearly a full pensioner" to being "a full pensioner" iyswim.:cool:. As soon as I know everyone else has had their Fuel Allowance - then I'll know that the next time its given out, then I'll get mine too - hence the second "mini celebration" (for not being left out by a technicality the next time).
  • whitesatin wrote: »
    I haven't received mine yet and I will be pleased to get it. I am feeling the cold already and have the heating up higher than usual for this time of year. My husband also says he is feeling the cold more since he lost a lot of weight in recent months. So, although we are in credit at the moment with the electricity company, I doubt it will stay that way. I have also recently spent money on nice fleece throws for the bed and sofa and a lovely warm dressing gown so, all in all, I am grateful to have this money to help out.

You should take a look at the Radfan, it redirects the heat from your radiator so the room will feel warmer without having to turn up your heating, so could really help you! Check out the amazon reviews!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure