We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 92,244 Ambassador
    Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker! PPI Party Pooper I've been Money Tipped!
    Have a great night :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 22,176 Forumite
    10,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    You're getting a proper party animal Lucky :) Boo to the weight gain :( Just get back on the wagon and put it behind you. Onwards and upwards.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary Debt-free and Proud! Combo Breaker First Post
    Hahaha I do that way of describing it!! Glad DS1 is well enough to go back to school. Wishing you both all the luck for his SATs this week (so much pressure on such young people its a bit sad really).

Hope your night out out was fun! haha xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Lovely to catch up, liked the first bit about the being stuck in a room and keys and quiz questions but not the serial killer scenario!

hope last night was good....
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Quick catch up just to say I'm still here, even if DH doesn't know who I am tonight :(.

Had a lovely night out on Friday and super cheap too. £5 for the ticket to get in, £3 on raffle tickets (all that went to the charity) and as it was a social club, I only spent £6 on drinks :j. Didn't win anything on the raffle but so what.

Gorgeous day in the sun at the farm yesterday :D.

DS1 coped well with his first SAT today, 3 more days to go.

Consultant appointment for DH went well today too, but he's gone downhill tonight. As I said, he didn't know who I was or what was happening. Waves of fear etc.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sorry to hear about DH not knowing who you are, big hugs.
    Sounds as though you had a good cheap night out.
    Fingers crossed the rest of DS tests go well.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sorry to hear about DH not knowing who you are, big hugs.
    Sounds as though you had a good cheap night out.
    Fingers crossed the rest of DS tests go well.

Echo those faults.

Sounds as if OH brain had worked so hard to digest everything the consultant said, it then shut down, so distressing for you all

Have you seen the new Gareth Malone Choir series ( Thursday night) ex service personnel for the Invictus Games - there is a guy with a head injury, and it really is enlightening to us who have no brain injury experience
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 22,176 Forumite
    10,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hope Mr Lucky is ok. As BM says probably overload of information. Mr SA's the same - their brains can't cope with it.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Best of luck this eve Lucky..sending you positive thoughts xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 92,244 Ambassador
    Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker! PPI Party Pooper I've been Money Tipped!
    Yes the choir has been very enlightening.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.