Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    SA, that snore would drive me bat-poop crazy!!

Thanks for thinking of me Mummy and Brizzle. We got through the night unscathed. DH is more on this planet today and DS2's temperature has been closer to normal. I kept him off school anyway, but I was naughty and took him to the cinema with us after picking DS1 up from school for Family Fun Wednesday. We saw Jungle Book which was impressive and even more so as I got two of the four tickets free. The weird cough/snore/sniff was back at bedtime though :(.

I have reserved a hoover at Arg0s to collect tomorrow. They sent me an email with reductions on and I took the plunge as I've been considering a new one for a while now. Ours is ancient and so many bits have broken off it looks like it's been to battle! Spendy week in the Lucky house though :o Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,459 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new hoover :)
    I am on the hunt for a free one for a charity I am involved with.
    No luck as yet.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Have you sent begging letters to supermarkets and department stores Beanie? Hope you get one sorted.

New hoover is amazing! Carpets (which I didn't think were a problem!) look brand new again. Shows how bad the old hoover was!

DS2 went back to school today but he wasn't happy about it! He was screaming that he was sick and needed to go to hospital :eek:. The fact that he was screaming said otherwise though. He managed the day fine and has come home a happier bunny.

I'm going out tonight!!! Real-i-am out. It's one of my bestie's birthdays and we are going to a place where we get locked in a room and have to find the clues to help us get out! If I don't come back on, we didn't make it out :rotfl:. I hope we do though as we are going for a pizza afterwards!!

Weather here has been horrendous the last few days! Enough snow for a snowman yesterday, and enough rain today to wash us all away! Xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Have a lovely night :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Night out sounds fun PLMBL enjoy! (if you come back to read my message that is!!!!) xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,398 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a fab night Lucky xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Absolutely loved the night out! We were all locked in a dark room and handcuffed to a bench :eek:. We had to solve clues to get to the handcuff key and the combinations to several padlocks etc. We had an hour before the serial killer arrived and we escaped with our lives with 2 minutes to spare!! Right up my street and my friends were lovely enough to say I was the best at it :D. Pizza and wine afterwards was epic too.

DS2 now has a rash! Hoping it's just tail end of the virus.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Night out sounds just fab :j

• amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Got friends who are doing the same as you did for a birthday treat this weekend. Female friend not looking forward to it but her boyfriends mum bought it them for a present. Think I prefer the pizza and wine for afters only.

Hope DS's rash doesn't amount to much.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope your friend ends up enjoying it as much as I did Amber!

DS2's rash is slightly better today but he's still making odd noises :(.

Won £6 on eurosquillions last night. Rounded it up to £10 and added it to savings account. Really enjoying being able to do that instead of sending it to credit card!

4 weeks today til the wedding :eek:.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family