Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day all! St Valentine is the patron saint of Epilepsy apparently. Very apt.

Sorry I've been MIA, can't really think I've been up to much, but I must've been to have not managed to get on here to post! Been to work, taken boys swimming, DS2 has been to a party, had a catch up with friends and fell out with DH!

No school bag purchased as yet. Couldn't find anything in the shops so ordered online but then order was cancelled as the seller couldn't locate it after I'd paid. Paypal have placed a temporary hold on the refund :mad: so haven't been able to order another. The boys are on half term holidays now so I have a week to sort it.

I've fallen off the diet wagon :o. Consumed my weight (which is a lot!) in rubbish. Have to get back on top of things before it gets out of hand.

Social Worker called to rearrange meeting she missed while off sick. She's coming again on Tuesday. Apparently DH has been granted funding equivalent to £44 per week and I've been granted a one off (per annum) payment of £600. She wants us to tell her on Tuesday how we'd like to spend it and I'm just like ??????????????
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Wow PLMBL, £600!!! Is this on yourself? Im sure we can help you with some ideas :D

Hope the school bag situation is sorted soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    As social worker cancelled last week they will have to wait for you to decide!!
    Money for you should be something YOU will benefit from.
    MOney for DH could maybe pay for him to go out for 2 or 3 hours a week with someone to do something he likes?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news about the funding! We have had the social worker cancel on us several times. On one occasion the social worker decided to walk out of her job en route to our house!!! Hey me and you both with the falling of the diet waggon this weekend. Back on track tomorrow though, we can do it!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    the funding sounds great! what a surprise hope you get your meeting soon lucky and half term is fun x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Gained 4lbs :o:eek::o:eek:. Gutted.

Social Worker came round today (SA I still can't believe someone quit en route to your house!!). The outcome is amazing!! DH was adamant he didn't want anyone as a 'carer' and was quite sulky about it. I was livid because that's what he said he wanted last time and then was horrified with the idea today like he'd never heard of it before, much less suggested it himself! Anyway, the money can be used for gym membership and new trainers etc so he's over the moon. My allocation can be used for a break away for the whole family amongst other things so I will probably go with that.

DS2 has been poorly last couple of days with a high temperature and cough. Lots of his school friends are poorly too apparently so must be a virus going round. Rubbish start to half term. Hoping he's well tomorrow as we are booked in for trampolining.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bloody brilliant news. £44pw and a holiday for you.. I am careering round the room whooping...:T :T bloody fantastic. And so deserved.
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    am sure you can spend in on some stuff for you PLMBL. It is good news re the money tho. XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Yay to the money PLMBL, will you still be able to get in as his carer?

Poor DS with his cough and temp, my DH and DD's have it too. It seems a horrid one to shift.

xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback