Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,357 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Boo to the weight gain but I'm sure you'll lose it soon. Glad you're using the money for a holiday. It will do you all good to get away. Re the social worker who quit en route - everyone had turned up for Mr SA's review but her, they rang her office who tried to contact her but she'd switched off her phone. It later transpired she'd quit.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You could not make it up SA!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    boo to weight gain (but it is half term!) but re increase so happy for you makes such a difference. Great news.

Hope the virus passes quickly too x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Where are you PLMBL..off spending the loot ;)

Hope alls well
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I've been clubbing Brizzle! Well, clubbercising but that's almost as good! Wrecked now but glad I went. Had a nice chat with my cousin while we were there too.

Took the boys trampolining yesterday and swimming today. We are all about the exercise this week! Back on the healthy eating too. 14 weeks until the wedding :eek:.

DH was quite angry yesterday but thankfully has calmed down a bit today. I was ready to run away yesterday but instead I went to bed early and left him to it.

Moneywise we have just about managed half term. We haven't done a lot as we've had lots of different appointments this week, but we've had some fun too.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Another day, another appointment! DS1 at the dentist this time, and we're going back in 3 months to look at the possibility of braces again.

Pile of washing and ironing done this afternoon. Feeling a bit down that it's the last day of the half term and we haven't done much. 5 weeks til the Easter break, kicked off a day early with my cousin's wedding :T. Looking forward to all that.

Payp@l finally released the refunded school bag money but no sellers had the one he wanted any more on eb@y (well, apart from the one who wanted £36 plus delivery!!). Found one on Am@zon for £25 with free delivery, but doubt it'll be here before Monday.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    We haven't done much this week either PLMBL, I think February half term is always an odd one!!

Never fear theres over 2 weeks to keep them entertained soon!!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,357 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there Lucky - just catching up with you. Hope your weekend is running smoothly. I think it's lovely how you look forward to the school holidays as a lot of parents dread them. Your boys will have some wonderful memories to look back on when they're grown up - and it's proof you don't have to spend a lot of money to have fun.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Another weekend almost over :(. Back to school tomorrow :(:(.

Yesterday was parkour for DS2. DS1 didn't want to go and as we were scraping pennies together to take them, we dropped him off with his Gran and saved the £4 instead. I was at work last night and got the awful news that one of my colleagues has Leukaemia. It's knocked me for six, not least because she hadn't even mentioned feeling poorly or anything and has been whisked into hospital.

DH went to a spin class this morning with a mate, covered by his gym membership so no extra monies there. MiL picked him up, waited while he did the class and then brought him back. The boys and I have just been in the house as they both wanted a lazy day for their last day off. DS2 has had me listing stuff on eb@y for him as there are other things he wants and I said he has to raise the money himself.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hi there Lucky - just catching up with you. Hope your weekend is running smoothly. I think it's lovely how you look forward to the school holidays as a lot of parents dread them. Your boys will have some wonderful memories to look back on when they're grown up - and it's proof you don't have to spend a lot of money to have fun.

Thanks SA, I certainly hope they will think fondly of me and their childhood when they are older. Right now, nothing I do is enough for DS1 :( Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport