Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    There are sadly still too many in my house but I am getting there :)
    It's hard sorting out and getting rid of things isn't it?
    I have a clear out and a bit later start getting more :cool::naughty:
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It is hard work beanie but the point is you're keeping on keeping on which is great and lacking sleep is always a mood dampener at best.

Here's to a better week for you and the clocks change this weekend too which will hopefully give you ' more' (in an emotional sense) daylight :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,617 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you as always brizzled :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Feel wired!!
    Put some stuff on local FB page to sell.People dont half muck you about :(

It's because there's no penalty for it.
    Been to skip.
    Have lost the book I am reading~Nearly finished it too~bah.

It'll turn up - don't worry.
    Starving but dont know what to have.

I often find food to be ideal in a situation like that.
    I DO NOT want to see any beanies for a good wee while!!

I need a man to do wee jobs Z :p

That's the same attitude as Butti has. I blame the invention of the rechargeable battery...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    Z~~Splutters:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh, thats a lot of beanies! I didn't realise :)

Erm, that timestamp is horrendous, by the way :(

My sympathies on the selling - now that I've decided to stay here as long as I can, I'm going to hold off on donations for a bit, till I've got retirement time to actually sell stuff off individually. Leaves the place slightly cluttered, but I don't care at the moment :)

Food and sleep, beanie, they do you the world of good!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bubbles~~Yes, I think a good time investment.
    Was physically & emotionally exhausting & there were a few tears.
    We shall see.
    On your diary you spoke of fatigue management & RAISE.
    On goggling can only find something relating to Australian(I think) HGV drivers.Can you help?

DEcluttering continues.
    Beanies anyone?
    I almost cant sit down for decluttering if that makes sense.
    Taking my mind off things which is good & changing the house's energy.
    Still having trouble sleeping.

Hello

Sorry, last week ended up a right off with a bad cold virus, then we came away on sat for a mini break, and only now catching up.

Here is the link, to my local chronic fatigue clinic info, if you scroll down there are lots of helpful info sheets

https://www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/chronic-fatigue-syndrome?smbfolder=79

and a very interesting presentation by the consultant

http://www.gpresourcecentre.org.uk/education/presentations/Chronic%20Fatigue%20Syndrome%20Oct%202014.pdf

This slide talks about RAISE

Remember RAISE to aid recovery
    • R – Rest/relaxation breaks important part of managing activity and energy. Prolonged rest not necessary.
    • A – Activity management, avoid boom and bust cycle, find sustainable level of activity and gradually increase. Physical, mental and emotional activity all use energy. Encourage balance – engage in necessary and enjoyable activities.
    • I – Information – important to dispel myths, reduce uncertainty and stigma, validate condition and enable individuals to make informed choices about treatment and engage in healthy behaviour.
    • S–Sleep–promotegoodsleephygiene,normalsleeproutinesand patterns. Medication if necessary.
    • E – Exercise – necessary for all to prevent deconditioning, reduced stamina and fitness. Important to find sustainable level depending on severity of symptoms and increase gradually.

Will be blogging on my thread, about how I am going to incorporate some things and what I am learning in the next few weeks.

Hope this helps x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh Beanielou you've had it tough recently but you are still selling stuff and doing what needs to be done. You inspire me. I'll keep plodding just like you do :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    I have been on the phone to BT for 47 minutes now :mad: :mad: :mad:

• beanielou
    Options
    Now 1 hour 14 minutes and speaking to someone who appears to be unable to help!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: does not cover it.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback