Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh b***gger :( I get so frustrated in those sort of situations I loathe, loathe, loathe them :( I confess, sometimes I really do scream into a pillow, but its so exhausting I try to keep a lid on it. Hope its resolved soon, beanie.

Bubbles - thats a really interesting post, I'll find your thread in a mo.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Another day.
    Am going to meet DS today.
    Exited but apprehensive.
    We shall see.

Decluttering continuing.
    Exhausting but very liberating at the same time.

I have an interior door that needs replacing. Been quoted 650 for two so that won't be happening. :eek: :rotfl:

Am away this weekend so am looking forward to that but also apprehensive as it is out of my comfort zone. Will miss my best boy no 2<<<
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Can't afford this weekend and not feeling my best.
    Did try to cancel but was overruled :rotfl:
    So a road trip it will be!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I don't want to be horrible but if you're waiting to feel your best, you wouldn't get to do much. Just go, enjoy the weekend with people who clearly want your company. As for the doors, eeek!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Absolutely - do what you can, beanie, and just take your time. People start to believe you have needs in the end - for this Scottish wedding, I've already heard that the bride's mum has set aside a bedroom for me to rest in, during the reception, which is amazing :)

Hope your weekend is wonderful :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I have been on the phone to BT for 47 minutes now :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Hope you got it sorted
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Have a great weekend beanie.. x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • beanielou
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Have a great weekend beanie.. x

Thank you.You too :) xx

• beanielou
    Options
    Nothing really to report.
    Good weekend last weekend.
    Spent way too much money.
    Am slowly trying to sort out house since the departure of my lodgers.
    One room painted through the local time exchange.
    A lot still to do.
    Physically & mentally exhausted.
    plodding along with baby steps.
    Am going to borrow money to replace the worst of the blown conservatory windows.

Hope all my lovely readers are well.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Rest whenever you can and keep plodding
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family