Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    Hi Beanie, just popping my head round the door as you visited my diary recently. :hello:

Your Best Boy is a grand age for a cat, I hope he is keeping well. :) My old cat has just turned 11 & I thought that was old! He is a Siamese though & they have been so inbred for years that they generally don't live much past 12. Hoping against hope that my old cat lasts much longer than that as we've had him since he was a kitten & he's my little kitty shadow. Would be heartbroken without him. :( Oh dear that turned a bit maudlin. :rotfl:

Also wanted to join in the "cries at Casualty" club - I blame my pregnancy hormones as the slightest thing sets me off. DH just laughs at me. :o:rotfl:

Good to see you :wave:Yes, Best Boy is an awesome age & is ok at the moment.
    He has had tuna for his tea!

How long have yiu to go?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Brilliant news about the windfall :T:T I’m so pleased for you.
    I’m sure the scooter will make a big difference to you. Have you seen the electric wheels that can be added to a wheelchair. My brother uses a chair a lot of the time but is struggling recently and he can’t manage to put a scooter into the car as it’d be too heavy and has no where to store one. Someone suggested these motorised wheels to him - he’s just had them fitted (took a while) but he can take them off to put in his car like he did before although they are heavier they’re not as heavy as a scooter. I haven’t seen him since he’s had them but he is chuffed - might be worth looking at to see if they’d be suitable for you. They were quite expensive but I don’t know how expensive scooters are.

Wow, who knew.
    Constantly amazed at things nowadays.
    Hope all ok with you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good to see you :wave:Yes, Best Boy is an awesome age & is ok at the moment.
    He has had tuna for his tea!

How long have yiu to go?

Oh lucky boy bet he enjoyed that. :)

21 weeks to go now, 20 week scan next week. :) Struggling a bit finding clothes to wear as am getting too big for my normal clothes but not big enough for maternity clothes yet. Pretty sure I wasn't this big last time at 19 weeks. :eek:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • beanielou
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    Oh lucky boy bet he enjoyed that. :)

21 weeks to go now, 20 week scan next week. :) Struggling a bit finding clothes to wear as am getting too big for my normal clothes but not big enough for maternity clothes yet. Pretty sure I wasn't this big last time at 19 weeks. :eek:

I think you are always maybe slightly bigger more quickly second time round?

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yes I think so Beanie, I think the first time I just looked "chunky" for the first 6 months but this time I've definitely got a more noticeable bump earlier. Maybe because it's all been stretched out before. :eek::rotfl:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening Beanie :) Just popping in to say I hope you've had a lovely day. Weather has been lovely here again. Hope it lasts until the weekend as we're at the van. xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Evening Beanie :) Just popping in to say I hope you've had a lovely day. Weather has been lovely here again. Hope it lasts until the weekend as we're at the van. xx

Thanks xx Hope the weather lasts for your time away :)

A mixed day.
    A friend dropped in with a lovely drawing of Mr N in a frame.
    Made me a tad emotional.

Then later on I fell oout the back & have scrapped my chin & the bottom of my face. Blooming nippy:eek:

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Great to hear about the windfall but sorry about the fall. Hope the nippiness dies down soon!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,320 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a lovely surprise with the drawing. Boo to another fall, hope you’re not too bruised xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thank you earthgirl & SA xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback