Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did quit well with surveys years ago but got sick of being screened out so stopped - might be worth another dabble.
    Hope your feeling warmer Beanie - do you use old fashioned hot water bottles on your pj day :money:
    January spends - £587.58
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you're keeping warm enough up there beanie! We have snow here on the south coast and I am freezing! Plainly a southern softie:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Waving Beanie

Frogs... I am still none the wiser :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

hope you are warm, as it makes our lives so much harder when we are not :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    KC is a brave woman to try and avoid heating overnight - I'd freeze! :eek:

Our thermostat is set to 18 through the night and I have been waking up thoroughly frozen sleeping on the living room couch... Luckily the top floor/DD's room is milder thanks to heat rising and much smaller windows (the entire front wall of our ground floor is basically window or door). I whacked it up to 21 this morning, it had managed to get all the way up to 19 when I left :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,467 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you're keeping warm enough up there beanie! We have snow here on the south coast and I am freezing! Plainly a southern softie:D
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    Waving Beanie

Frogs... I am still none the wiser :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

hope you are warm, as it makes our lives so much harder when we are not :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Iam a Scottish softey I think JD.Eating a frog is when you do a

Bubbles~~Eating a frog is when you do a job / task that you really really dont want too & have been putting it off.
    What is it bubbles about CP & being cold?
    I just cant cope with it. My muscles seize up so much.
    You take care:A:A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    KC is a brave woman to try and avoid heating overnight - I'd freeze! :eek:

Our thermostat is set to 18 through the night and I have been waking up thoroughly frozen sleeping on the living room couch... Luckily the top floor/DD's room is milder thanks to heat rising and much smaller windows (the entire front wall of our ground floor is basically window or door). I whacked it up to 21 this morning, it had managed to get all the way up to 19 when I left :rotfl:

I think mine is set at 15 during the night.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    I did quit well with surveys years ago but got sick of being screened out so stopped - might be worth another dabble.
    Hope your feeling warmer Beanie - do you use old fashioned hot water bottles on your pj day :money:

You could try again just now.

I sometimes use hot water bottles but dont like them as I have burnt mysel;f filling them :o:o

• beanielou
    Options
    Not the best of days it has to be said.
    Toodled off to my voluntary role this morning & was slightly late.
    When I got there the car park was a sheet of ice. I was finding it difficult to get out of the car,every time I put my foot on the ground I slid.
    Got into the office & started ranting about of salt blah blah:o:o:o

• beanielou
    Options
    Anyway,any ideas for a present that is a wee minder for a 18 year old young man? Thanks.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you feel warmer soon Beanie. I'm worried about our gas bill too and we never have it on at night. Do you have plenty of blankets to wrap yourself in? Do you wear fingerless gloves?

The trouble is you can keep everything warm except your nose, the tip of my nose feels frozen sometimes :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure