Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Have to say I personally found local FM clinic a tad dissapointing.
    My own expecta tions though.

I went through the CFS process with no expectations and found it to be poor. That was back when the psychologists were in total charge, so it may - or may not - be different now.

However, some people are so unenamoured with the treatment of fatigue they're going for a judicial review of it.

A little bit of background: This stems from a recent(ish) clinical trial called "PACE" which completely validated the previously held positions of the people running the trial. However when asked for their data via FOI, the researchers spent a couple of hundred grand to keep it secret. And lost.

Suddenly when the data was no longer able to be kept secret, the results suddenly changed to no longer be so favourable to the pre-held ideas of the people running it. :shocked:

Funny that.

I'm not sure how that would happen - how people being able to see how your calculations were carried out would change their value. Perhaps some sort of Schroedinger's cat effect, where the observation creates the result. :huh:

Alternatively, there have been allegations of amateurism and fraud.

So no, you're not the only one disappointed by the standard of medicine as practiced, but there are still trials (judicial) ongoing which should turn out amusing to watch if their forebears are anything to go by. :rotfl:

Bring popcorn...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bring popcorn:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oh and fell in a whacking great puddle earlier today while crossing the road.
    Then I could not get up.
    Not my finest hour.
    So am shuggled up now.
    :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Sending very gentle hugs from Smilie hug2-smiley.gif?1292867621 and I xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,323 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you had a nice restful evening Beanie. Of all the places to fall :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh beanie. Horrid. Sending lots of hugs :grouphug:
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Swimming is best done in a lovely heated pool, not a puddle!!! Hope you're not battered and bruised.

I had post viral fatigue a few years back and it was hideous, I'm not great at sitting or lazing about but I couldn't do anything else. Once I fully gave into it I started to see an improvement but it was a good few months before I felt back to normal. Just rest up x
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hugs your way beanielou (())
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Beanielou!!!!

How could I have missed your diary for all this time?:eek:

I've been wandering these boards with my eyes closed.

Subscribed.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good to see you Fortune :)
    Thanks for popping in.
    Not nearly as inspiring as yours I am afraid.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback