Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    SA~~Yes, we have had our ups& downs over the years but he is indeed a lovely young man :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Same as my DS - he went through a being a pain in the a$$ stage, but it was brief, and he's turned out very well. As for DD .......!!!!!!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Saw DS & had a chat with him about things going forward.
    He was very understading & I feel happier now I have crossed that hurdle.
    February will be very tight on the pennies front.
    My hair desperatly needs cut but that may not be possible :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Beanie, I had my hair cut last May for my nephew's wedding, and not since :D which may be the reason I end up with fairly long hair :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I hope you find a way to get your hair done this month. If it isn't possible find a way to do something else to boost your appearance. A face pack and eyebrows done?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Have you thought of having your hair cut at a training college this month? Or trainee at hairdressers or Groupon type deal?
  • beanielou
    Options
    Looking unlikely.
    I shall only be able to buy limited food this month so should be great for the weight loss.
    Every cloud & that :)

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    How come February is so tight?
  • beanielou
    Options
    A cumulative effect.
    Basically on paper I cannot afford to live here.
    But you know me stubborn to the end!!

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry to hear Feb is going to be so tight. Make sure you get enough food to eat. You probably don't want to, but there are very helpful people who can refer you to foodbanks if necessary. I refer families a lot, things have got tough for a lot of my families of late. Sorry to interfer just hope all is ok and you have enough food :).
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure