Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I think the priority now is to pay off the CC not the mortgage. Don't beat yourself up about it, you can't do both.

I would second this. Look at the interest rates.

:grouphug: beanie...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Z.

& have said to DS that there will be no graduation present.
    I would have loved to give him one. He did not expect one.
    Also I have explained that it is very very unlikely that I can contribute to his Masters.As above I would have loved too, he did not expect it.
    :cry:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thanks Z.

& have said to DS that there will be no graduation present.
    I would have loved to give him one. He did not expect one.

Of course there can be a graduation present. He will have a graduation, and you will be present...
    Also I have explained that it is very very unlikely that I can contribute to his Masters.As above I would have loved too, he did not expect it.
    :cry:

He should be well aware of your circumstances by now.

You can always do his washing every time he surfaces... :rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    He is aware.
    I just would have loved to contribute/ celebrate.

Mind you I managed to go out today and not fall at his feet. :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    One other thing that is worrying me is that I seem to have a ever decreasing energy. I have the ability to do less and less
    Hay ho. It is what it is.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Z.

I have explained that it is very very unlikely that I can contribute to his Masters.
    You have already contributed to his Masters. He didn't get to this stage in life by himself :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One other thing that is worrying me is that I seem to have a ever decreasing energy. I have the ability to do less and less
    Hay ho. It is what it is.
    What's your nutrition like, beanie? Not just about the good things you eat, but the bad things that "counteract" them, so to speak?

Or is it purely medical? :(
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope you have a good day beanie, thinking of you..

x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You've brought you son up very well. He sounds like a lovely young man. My mum couldn't afford for me to stay on at school or buy me fancy presents but she was there for me until the day she died, which is priceless. So what I'm saying is the fact you're there for him means more than any money or gift.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Karmcat~~Spot on.
    My nutrition is not always as it should be.
    I have said for many years that it is a total disgrace that it is cheaper to eat rubbish than to eat well.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback