Money Moral Dilemma: Should Gordon pay to have Tony's eggs?

Comments

• V_Chic_Chick
    V_Chic_Chick Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    I believe that birds bred for hunting, like grouse and pheasant, are "owned" by the person whose land they happen to be on at the time. I'd guess the same goes for chickens raised for eggs.

Next time you see chickens being flushed out of bushes, then flying over a field quite high, only to be shot, do let me know.
  • I prefer Chicken & Chips rather than an omlette. I would neck the chickens and enjoy a lovely meal if I were Gordon. mmmmmm delicious:rotfl:
  • merikiito
    merikiito Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If it was me I would keep the chickens, bomb his chickens. Then sell the eggs at a higher price as there would be a world shortage of eggs. But be careful as Tony might ask his mate George to help him retaliate and then there might be no chickens in the garden left apart from the ones in hiding waiting to place bombs on the paths to kill the invading chickens.
  • stanzelsa
    stanzelsa Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :confused: Forgive me for my hippy views but I think the eggs are actually the chickens property rather than Tony's so if the chickens want to give some to Gordon for letting them kip in his compfy patch that's up to them & Tony should think himself lucky they come home to give him any at all when he obviously doesn't keep them happy. Ahem
  • Mr Fox (Liam that is) should get involved since he keeps an eye on d'fence. No chicken is going to want to wander far with a fox in the shadows.:D
  • DamianA_3
    DamianA_3 Posts: 8 Forumite
    stanzelsa wrote: »
    :confused: Forgive me for my hippy views but I think the eggs are actually the chickens property rather than Tony's so if the chickens want to give some to Gordon for letting them kip in his compfy patch that's up to them & Tony should think himself lucky they come home to give him any at all when he obviously doesn't keep them happy. Ahem

I say eat the hippy, never mind the chickens!
    To err is computing but to really screw things up you need a human ...
  • Are these chickens of mass destruction? If so, I feel that Gordon should rush next door, preferably with a 'friend' and destroy Tony's garden.
  • cas26
    cas26 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Well I reckon that Gordon should keep hold of the eggs for a sufficient amount of time so that they go 'off' then return them to Tony, who will then either eat them himself or sell them. Resulting in people not wanting to buy the eggs in future, Gordon could then make the most of this and sell the eggs whilst they are fresh. If Tony eats the eggs then this may result in him becoming quite unwell in which case he'll of wished he'd just let Gordon keep them in the first place!

Ultimately Tony should be preventing his chickens from leaving his garden so I would say it was his responsibilty to sort it out.
    :j The £2 coin savers club = £90 :j
  • Just wondering if Tony's chickens have come home to roost yet? ;)
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    How does Tony know for sure that the chickens are laying eggs in Gordon's garden? And if they are, then how does he know for sure that Gordon is actually eating them and not just throwing them away?

If Tony doesn't want Gordon to be eating the eggs, then he should raise the height of the fence to stop them from going next-door.

I suppose the dilemma is similar to that of a fruit tree that deposits its fruit in next-door's garden. Technically Gordon should give them back, but is it worth falling out with a neighbour oversomething so trivial as a couple of eggs. Sort out the fence!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure