Heads up, compers! In order to investigate a technical issue, we've had to move some of the older threads from Game Over into a new category called 'Game Over Archives'. It'll be comps from before 2017, so shouldn't have too much impact on your day-to-day Forum experience. Thanks for your patience!

Spam

Replies

• Hello All

You have put the co.uk link Privacy Policy so that is not relevant as separate.

I am the .com

Thanks

Rich

http://www.sprinkle.com/privacypolicy/full

Transfer of Your Personal Data outside of the EEA

From time to time, We may transfer Your Personal Data to a related company, agent or contractor

4.5 Transfer of Personal Data in the Event of the Sale of Sprinkle.com or its Assets
    In the event that Sprinkle.com is sold or transfers some of its assets to another party, Your Personal Data could be one of the transferred assets. If Your Personal Data is transferred, its use will remain subject to this Statement. Your Personal Data will be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a liquidation or administration of Sprinkle.
  • sax11 wrote: »
    in fairness to sprinkle - i'm on the .com one and i don't get spam emails

i get more annoying ones from emerald st and bloody mr hyde

You mean you weren't interested in a Myla bra set for the "bargain" ( :eek: ) price of £95?! It came with two bottoms, and everything ;) :rotfl:

ETA - thanks, Rich, for including the segment from your email. I am glad that sharing a winner's comment, etc, is optional.
  • i was only after the bottoms

my back is too big & the clasps dig in
  • crincrin Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    cagsd wrote: »
    I don't think they're dodgy at all. Like yourself I've seen plenty of winners on IWIWIW and I haven't had any spam from them either. Please keep posting! :)

I've been entering and have won once since they started and haven't had any spam at all they are also very efficient and prizes normally come out pretty quickly too. I a, glad you seem to agree with me. :beer:
    If at first you don't succeed try, try, try again.

Eleventh Heaven # 550 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    45.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I don't think they're dodgy at all. Like yourself I've seen plenty of winners on IWIWIW
    crin wrote: »
    I've been entering and have won once since they started and haven't had any spam at all they are also very efficient and prizes normally come out pretty quickly too. I a, glad you seem to agree with me. :beer:

I have no problem with the site however they are in iwiwiw a lot because they ask people to post in there, I don't see how that is any different to asking people to post a competition it's still self-promotion - they also posted their own competitions to start with which were removed.
  • I get lots of spam calls so not sure where they generate from.

BUT!

I won ghds with sprinkle.com and they arrived the next day, so worth a spam call! just add to reject list on phone, problem solved!
    2011 biggies: £1000 holiday,£100 all saints voucher, £200 ticketmaster, Links London bracelet, Ted Baker watch, £50 Oliver Bonas
    2011 aim - win enough to save up for baby items!
    2009 wins total £2623 inc break in Iceland!
    2010 wins total £6430 inc break in Dubai!
  • Your information may also be processed by some of our service providers who operate outside the EEA
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/privacy-policy
    “We are not interested in the fact that the brain has the consistency of cold porridge.” - Alan Turing.
  • Marg2k8Marg2k8 Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    weeowens wrote: »

Since a lot of the discussion on this thread has been about Sprinkle.com, I thought I would check my Sprinkle profile and as far as I can see, I have never put my phone number on there, so I won't have to worry about getting any spam phone calls in the event that they were to sell my data.
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    45.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Marg2k8 wrote: »
    Since a lot of the discussion on this thread has been about Sprinkle.com, I thought I would check my Sprinkle profile and as far as I can see, I have never put my phone number on there, so I won't have to worry about getting any spam phone calls in the event that they were to sell my data.

Don't think phone spam related to any site in particular.

To use a call blocker with BT you now have to keep signing up to 12 month contracts or pay almost £2 a month for caller display - another reason for a comping mobile that doesn't charge for the service.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals