PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterday I managed to get by with a purchase of YS fromage frais (63p) when I got the paper, so we had cheesecake for pud :)

NS days today and tomorrow. Not groceries but I'm almost done with the presents so can start saving up for the heating oilpurchase, car insurance, car tax, all the fun stuff due in January :(
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    Almost an NSD yesterday but decided to take advantage of the nectar points double up. Doubled up £15 and bought 4 bottles of wine and a small bottle of Prosecco for DH and me to have a glass each on Christmas Day came to £32.25 so my spends for 23/11 were £2.25 :T :beer:
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Last day on the November challenge for me. I am moving into december tommorow.
    I found £1.01 today just lying around on the pavement. Some people! I used it to buy a tin of kidney beans, a tin of chopped toms & a lovely fresh bread baton to go into/with our chilli tonight. Yum! And NSD technically :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    Options
    spends to day = £4,06. that is a total of £59.30p /£80.00p to date
    :hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • scotmumof3
    scotmumof3 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spend at Tesc* today was £43.05.This should see me through to Sat. I might need milk and bread but that should still leave me with a little in the kitty to carry on to Decembers budget so I am a happy camper :j
    Debt free as of 29.10.2020 🎉😁
    SPC #73 Feb NSD 0/20
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Just updated sig. Tottering the near the edge and got a Tesc* order coming but do have a gift card to knock a bit off, so this should just bring me spot on target ... for now!
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Options
    I'm going to declare my amount today and anything I spend from now on will go on December's total, as I have enough in to last the rest of the week.
    I'm slightly over budget at 268.90 but not too worried
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent £24.37 today on 24 cans of Pepsi max, a pack of chicken bites (YS), 2x packs of Quorn cocktail "sausages" (YS), a pack of scallops (YS), 2x macaroni cheese meals (YS), a quiche (YS), a pulled pork sandwich (YS), 6 petit filous yoghurts (YS), 8 days of cat food, a brioche loaf (YS), 1 bottle of cat milk, 4 hot cross buns (YS), 3 peach yoghurts (YS), 4 cherry scones (YS), 2 fresh cream doughnuts (YS), a pack of potato croquettes (YS), a pack of BBQ chicken chunks (YS), 6 cheese & onion rolls (YS), 7 activia yoghurts (YS), 2 chicken fillets in breadcrumbs with a lemon herb butter (YS), a bag of roast & ground coffee, 6 eggs (YS), 3 lemon mousses (YS), 2 belgian buns (YS), a bottle of shampoo, a big tub of hot chocolate powder, a loaf of seeded bread (YS), a bag of salad (YS), 4x bags of mixed prepared veg (YS), a pack of vegetables for soup base (YS), 2x fruit & veg platters (YS), half a cucumber (YS), a pack of chopped mixed peppers (YS) & a bunch of spring onions (YS).

Full price would've been around £75 :j
  • Charlie-Brown_3
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Just back from a week at home, was great seeing everyone again :) went and got some bits and pieces yesterday, spending £13.89, so my total for this month is £39.53.I have more than enough to get me through the rest of the week so all being well I will stay under budget. I suppose I'm cheating a bit after having missed a week but I'm still delighted I managed to stay under £50! Hopefully I can do it again next month :D
    November Grocery Challenge - £39.53/£50
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Smoosh wrote: »
    Spent £24.37 today ..... 1 bottle of cat milk.....

Cat milk? :rotfl:Am puzzled! But well done on your YS jackpot!

Another NSD for me, 8/10 and it is the third consecutive day. Am running out of a few things so tomorrow I shall have to get at least a bit of salad and bread for the men.

Sig updated.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure