DFW journey starts today

Options

Comments

• AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    f0nz wrote: »
    That's fab, well done! Definitely cause for celebration. Mine is a craptacular 1/5. Hoping that by contacting all the companies who haven't updated my accounts as settled or have the wrong default date may help some but not holding my breath.

Enjoy your victory! :)

Mine is 1/5 too. consoling myself with the fact that it's above zero!!:rotfl:
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The only way is up guys!

I'm happy - my £5 mr t gift card turned up from my pizza deals! Plus my dad bought round my post which consisted of a free lotus spread sample! Apparently him and my oh were laughing saying bet it was one of my freebies! Ha ha! In the last week I've got a benefit make up sample, head and shoulders sample, one month taste card and now my lotus spread!
    Starting again..
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Hiiiii Twiggy!!

You are doing so well!! Every penny helps towards getting those debts down and that is just what you are doing! I am so proud of you. You are working so hard and it really shows. Your whole diary is so full of positivity and it brightens up my day just reading it!

Hope you have a fab day today!

October xx
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks so much October - that's really lovely to read!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Morning all!

Feeling productive today - let's hope this feeling continues!

Paid £140 into the bank on Saturday which OH had given me. Used £100 towards the beds (now only £395 left to go!) which takes me to sub £7k :j Put the other £40 into the house renovation fund as we're progressing the work at the moment so need to keep this topped up.

Also did some shopping in asda as I parked there and walked into town. Utilised shopitize etc so got £2.90 cashback on 4 different items - inc nutella which actually made me 40p! I've just withdrawn £6.45 from shopitize so nice to see it works! However the other apps require a £20 minimum in there otherwise you incur charges so I'll have to build them up more before I can withdraw any.

One downside is that I submitted the meter readings yesterday and I'm not happy with our useage. Mum worked out what it means it money terms and compared against theirs and assured me that it wasn't actually that bad for this time of year but I'm determined to keep it down as much as possible. So I've had a chat with OH about trying to keep it down as much as possible. I think he thought I was mean having the heating on as little as possible but now he knows how much it actual costs a month he might appreciate my efforts a bit more! To be fair to him I deal completely with the bills so he doesn't have a clue.

Still haven't paid for my car - naughty me! However I will pay within their payment terms of 30 days so not that naughty just normally I pay things off straight away! By paying at the end of the month I can keep the council tax money and use it towards the beds. Although my car tax is due at the end of the month, considering paying monthly but it does mean it costs £9 a year more. Alternatively I could use the council tax money and some of my own to pay it in one go, but this would decrease my debt busting efforts this month! Hmmm! Unfortunately I only have £10 in my car tax pot as I previously just had a "pot" for car expenses which will be wiped out by the work I had done. I have now created a separate car tax pot so I will be ok next year.

Thought I had more to report but my minds gone blank now! But actually looking back I've rambled quite a bit!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    twiggy86 wrote: »
    If they still take the automatic monthly payment like they did last month that will only leave £136.91 so hoping to get that gone by the end of Feb at the latest

Hmmm - I'm still really debating over this one! I know it's only a self set target but I don't like not doing what I say I'm going to do! I'd also like to get a debt knocked off so it's one less to think about!

But the beds are an actual deadline! Plus I need to get the old paid off before I transfer the money out my account. AND I have to pay for the work on my car, possibly car tax depending on whether I paid it off in one to and we're starting work again on the house! So really why am I putting this extra pressure on myself for no reason other than I said I would?!

Right there's my answer! Next can wait!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Yay! Topcashback is finally payable! Been waiting on the money from when I renewed my car and home insurance since end of September! So that's £92.92 winging its way to my bank account, plus the £6.45 I requested from Shoptize yesterday! That's nearly £100 - and my friends tell me it sounds like a lot of effort!

Not sure what I'm going to use it towards yet as I'd kind of given up hope that it would ever be payable! My options are - debts, car maintenance, car tax, house renovation... Hmm, must give this some thought as to what's best!
    Starting again..
  • f0nz
    f0nz Posts: 198 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2015 at 11:21AM
    Options
    Woohoo! Who would complain at being give £100?! For freeee? Loons, that's who!

Is one more pressing than the other? As in for more improved living or for paying less interest ...? Who'd have thought actually having money would cause so much grief half the time:eek::p
    Amigo (49.9%) 24/01: [STRIKE]£2446.21 £2320.17 £1799.01 £1117.12 £775.30 £559.66 £435.21 [/STRIKE] £0
    HMRC (0%) 24/01: [STRIKE]£741 £641 £524 £424 £324 £124 [/STRIKE] £0

Emergency Savings: £1000

:eek: debt free 04/08/2015 after a long 8 year battle :j
  • twiggy86
    Options
    I know! I'm lucky to be in this predicament! Our house is a complete building site at the moment so it would be lovely to get some work progressed - however the kitchen and bathroom are done so its not urgent.

I think I'm going to split it between:-
    * £25 house renovation fund
    * £40 beds
    * £34.37 OD

However, between now and it hitting my bank I'm sure I'll change my mind!

I am going to have a play around with my budget to see if I can afford to pay my car tax in one go - I can if I pay less of my debts but need to check I can still cover the minimums. However although it will cost me £9 extra to pay by DD, I'm not sure if I used the £180 against my debts it would save me more than £9 in interest?!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    £6.45 appeared in my bank this morning so that's gone off the OD! Can't wait to see the back of at least one debt!
    Starting again..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport