MSE EE broadband deal : We want your feedback

Options

Comments

• archery
    archery Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sure website stated offer expired 24th December, went to process today and offer has changed.
    Practising Scrooge and stingy old miser.
  • EE
    EE Posts: 305 Organisation Representative
    Options
    archery wrote: »
    sure website stated offer expired 24th December, went to process today and offer has changed.

Hi Archery

The offer expired at midnight last night. A new offer is now live.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quidco now shows £50 for ADSL

Topcashback is £52.50

I signed up through Quidco on 9th Dec, which is tracking at £100.

I was going to apply in January 2015, to coincide with the end of the PlusNet one year deal. To be honest, I was expecting them to be so useless, that the actual switchover ends up in January any way.

The switchover is scheduled for 24th December, and of course the Brightbox 2 hasn't turned up yet. I have been in all day waiting for it.

Actually, as far as I could tell, the modem parameters are the same, it's just the login name and password that need to be changed. So, I should be able to use the existing PlusNet modem, if they send me the password.

How do I get the EE TV box for free?

The EE people I spoke to just said I should be able to get it for free if I have the ADSL broadband, but THEY COULDN'T ORDER IT FOR ME.

Can't take over the existing telephone number either, even though I had the MAC key from Plusnet.

I'm sure they are an Equal Opportunities Employer,
    full of Unabled people in the office.
  • EE
    EE Posts: 305 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    Quidco now shows £50 for ADSL

Topcashback is £52.50

I signed up through Quidco on 9th Dec, which is tracking at £100.

I was going to apply in January 2015, to coincide with the end of the PlusNet one year deal. To be honest, I was expecting them to be so useless, that the actual switchover ends up in January any way.

The switchover is scheduled for 24th December, and of course the Brightbox 2 hasn't turned up yet. I have been in all day waiting for it.

Actually, as far as I could tell, the modem parameters are the same, it's just the login name and password that need to be changed. So, I should be able to use the existing PlusNet modem, if they send me the password.

How do I get the EE TV box for free?

The EE people I spoke to just said I should be able to get it for free if I have the ADSL broadband, but THEY COULDN'T ORDER IT FOR ME.

Can't take over the existing telephone number either, even though I had the MAC key from Plusnet.

I'm sure they are an Equal Opportunities Employer,
    full of Unabled people in the office.

Hi Pincher

I am unable to give you information about the EE TV, however I am unsure why customer services wouldnt.
    If you would like me to speak to them about this, and the potentail modem issues you have feel free to email my your contact details. My email address is jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Pincher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    EE wrote: »
    Hi Pincher

I am unable to give you information about the EE TV, however I am unsure why customer services wouldnt.
    If you would like me to speak to them about this, and the potentail modem issues you have feel free to email my your contact details. My email address is [EMAIL="jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com"]jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com[/EMAIL].

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE

Thanks for the offer to help.
    As it is Christmas Eve, I don't expect anything to happen now.
    I will be delighted to get in contact in January, if anything needs chasing.

I actually have other broadband connections, precisely because I don't expect switchovers to go smoothly. In fact, the last thing I want is for the engineers to switch the BT line by mistake on Christmas Eve.

The EE staff member two week ago said he could not reserve the existing telephone number. I am hoping that when they do the switch, PlusNet will release the phone number, so it's free for allocation, and all I have to do is ring up EE, and find somebody sober enough to grab it.

The EE TV box is secondary priority.

The priorities currently are:

1. Get Brightbox 2, not yet arrived on 24th December 2014.

2. Activate the broadband connection, scheduled for 24th December.

3. Retrieve the old telephone number.

4. Get EE TV box.

The amusing thing is, a letter dated 11th December from EE said that EE will not do anything for 8 days, to give me the opportunity to cancel. Obviously, true to their word, they did nothing until it was too late to post the Brightbox.

Still, I am getting £100 instead of £50 Quidco cashback, so I am not unhappy.
  • Pincher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just had a flashback.

When I switched to PlusNet, last year, the telephone line was connected on the scheduled date, but there was no modem, so I called PlusNet. As it turns out, they had no intention of activating the broadband that day. The modem appeared in the post a week later, to coincide with broadband activation two days later.

So, if the sequence repeats, the telephone line will go dead today for a short period, for reconnection to EE, but only telephone functions will work. In January, the Brightbox will turn up, followed by the broadband activation. So, if I did not have alternative broadband provision, I will be cut off during Christmas and New Year.

Sometimes, I am scared by how sensible and forward planning I am.
  • I signed up online for MSE EE broadband and landline deal on 26 Nov. and am STILL waiting for service, which was supposed to be live in 10 days. I tried calling the 'helpline', which cut me off twice when I selected new customer broadband help option. I emailed two separate EE email addresses and both emails were returned as undeliverable. I have sent two cancellation letters (the last one 'signed for') but have had no communication from EE, except a text today to say my service will be activated on 5 Jan. I havent received the router and don't want anything to do with these gangsters EVER. Incidentally, EE had set up a direct debit on my account when I called my bank 2 weeks ago. When I Googled, I discovered many, many complaint template downloads specifically for EE.
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I signed up to the recent MSE offer giving a £100 Amazon voucher when signing up to EE broadband. I paid line rental upfront (approx £130) and am now paying £2.50 a month. Pleased with the fast installation and service so far. There is one problem though:

When I was looking for a broadband provider there was nobody offering fibre in my area. Just after my EE slow broadband was installed, I checked online again and Fibre is now available. Does anyone know if I can upgrade to EE Fibre without losing out on my existing offer savings/amazon voucher?
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 26 December 2014 at 7:19PM
    Options
    EE wrote: »
    Hi Mark

Are you referring to the voucher, or in terms of setting up the broadband?

If you are referring to the voucher it takes 3 months from connection to arrive.

If you are referring to set up please feel free to email me your order reference and contact details and I will pass this on to customer services.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE

Signed 4th December, heard nothing, whats the e-mail addy then.
    When I say nothing, the generic thanks your order, we will send xxx e-mails, then nothing.
    Nothing, means, nothing.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • chico
    chico Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're after feedback from people who have applied this offer and want to know your experience and if you had any trouble getting the broadband.
    I'd like to thank MSE, EE and Sky for a smooth sign up to the MSE EE deal and transfer of my landline and broadband services from Sky to EE:
    • EE and Sky kept me informed of the transfer schedule via email, text and letters.
    • EE did the transfer on time, and the landline and broadband service and speed are all fine.
    • I received the Amazon voucher via email well within the stated time of 90 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure