IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

EPC Plc fine from Hungry

Options

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    <snip>

Pretty rich stuff coming from probably the most aggressive person on this board when it comes to attacking and belittling new posters.

If you are going to attack people (such as by telling them it's their fault and they should man-up and take the blame, as you effectively did on this thread) then I will take issue with you. Resorting to terms of insult such as "troll" isn't going to help you in that and only serves to highlight how bereft of real argument you are.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Essingeviken
    Options
    The result of another long discussion on this topic was that I was convinced by someone that....

http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?showtopic=64424&hl=fine&st=0

1. Hungarian law is applicable.
    2. A European Enforcement Order (EEO) could be used.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/courts/european-union-cross-border-claims/ex375_1005.pdf

3. Gettting this enforced in the UK once the defendant had lost his Hungarian court case was relatively straight forward.

And that because of this, it was probably better to pay it....
  • carlinkent
    Options
    Hello,

Strange question but I don't suppose your car is a BMW is it?

I have had Euro Parking PLC chasing me for a toll in Hungary from August and they have a poor photo and I believe the reg is wrong. Neither my car or I have ever been to Hungary.

See my thread in the motoring section "Fine from Hungary! Euro Parking".

Any help would be appreciated!
  • jmhansford
    Options
    I am afraid in my case the car is not a bmw ....

I do believe the car was there and on that road as it matches the travel itinerary.

To date, I have received another letter which was exactly the same as the previous one.

So we will see where this goes

Cheers,
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,408 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would ignore it, personally.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jmhansford
    Options
    So .... after ignoring this from EPC, they have decided to use a different company - Contractum International Debt Collection.

Still chasing the original fine - I contacted them to inform them of the situation, my stance of not paying for an offence committed by someone else. I did this so that it is on their system and it seems that they will just report this back as opposed to chase it themselves.

I enquired what the the situation was if the car had been stolen and apparently because I had not given permission for them to use the car on the motorways, I would not be liable - I highlighted that although the car was not stolen, I had not given permission for the car to be used on the motorway - what is the difference?

I also enquired what legistation they were using to enforce this fine, but I couldn't get an answer to that.

I guess we will see where this goes.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

^^^^^ This ^^^^^
    Je suis Charlie.
  • jkdd77
    jkdd77 Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

I would also ignore it, and furthermore observe that RK liability under PoFA would not apply to a foreign parking or driving incident.
  • Actor63
    Options
    i got a fine through from Hungary off EPC but i could not figure out what it was for so i enquired as to why it took them a while to reply and when they did they informed me i had not purchased a vignette. i told them i had and they then informed me after waiting a while again that I need to send in a photo copy of my receipt and vignette i waited again for a reply and then received an email stating that i had not paid the correct fee for the vignette on my van (ford transit 260) i had paid for a car, i purchased this at a garage where they could not speak english and i could not speak Hungarian. this email reply was sent to me on the 30th December i paid the fine today and then received a letter dated the 30th December stating that my fine was now £149 pound. i have tried ringing them but got no answer after being on the phone for 40 mins anyone any suggestions as what to do next
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you paid a fine from a speculative company?

PS: can I email you a fine for driving down the high street in a red car on a Wednesday!

you have just funded the postal costs for another couple of hundred more threatening letters ,

did you check if this invoice was enforceable in the UK , and EPC have authority to collect it?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family