edited 4 October 2014 at 12:24PM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10.4K replies 817.9K views

Replies

• alfie_1alfie_1 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dave dave dave
    many moons ago you told me about tinypics for transferring pics ... THEY ARE NO MORE !!! do you have any drops of wisdom as to what I can ise now ??
    this page asks for URL ? where do I find it !!
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    32.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    re bats ... we have plenty here ! my foster dog [now called FISH ... don't ask ! ] spends ages trying to catch them as they swoop over the lawn .
    Reminds me of the B52s with their song 'Give Me Back My Man,' the chorus of which goes, "I'll give you fish, I'll give you candy, I'll give you anything I have in my hand!"

Always an innovative lot, I thought they put 'fish' in there just to see if anyone was paying attention, but apparently the song is an entreaty to a shark that's attacked the lady's sweetheart.

That's my useless factoid of the day. :rotfl:
    Sponsoring The Warning in 2020
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
    Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Santana.....err... Kanami Tono?
  • ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry not been around for so long, though I have been reading.

A question for Dave - ages ago you gave a link to a place that did really good weed suppressant membrane. Please can you tell me again what it was? If we don't get on top of the weeds we're going to lose our allotment, which would then mean no home grown (well, allotment grown!) garlic, onions and shallots.

I'm thinking of cutting in to plant maybe?

OH did make 6 jars of blackcurrant jam from the lottie this summer, so that was good. A poor year for garlic though. We've only just finished last years, but this years won't take us through. Onions mixed, as were the shallots.

We've given up on beans etc as we're never here to harvest them.
    32.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    dave dave dave
    many moons ago you told me about tinypics for transferring pics ... THEY ARE NO MORE !!! do you have any drops of wisdom as to what I can ise now ??
    this page asks for URL ? where do I find it !!
    I use:

https://imgbb.com/
    and
    https://postimages.org/

Just upload to either, choose the size you want, copy the BB code they give you and just plonk it into your post. Seems to work! :D
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
  • edited 22 September 2019 at 7:40PM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    32.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 September 2019 at 7:40PM
    ukmaggie45 wrote: »
    A question for Dave - ages ago you gave a link to a place that did really good weed suppressant membrane. Please can you tell me again what it was?
    Ooh err, I'm popular tonight! :o
    Um, the toughest heavy duty membrane is woven polypropylene, but it frays when you cut it, so not much good for planting through. However, it's good for just covering a large area and this company seem to have a permanent sale on it:
    https://www.harrodhorticultural.com/ground-cover-weed-control-fabric-100g-pid7521.html
    We found the quality OK. Another one we bought via eBay wasn't, but we did get a refund.

For planting through, spun bonded fabric around 50gsm is best. We put some down and planted a hedge through it last year and it's still intact. You can fix it down with pegs, but being where we are, we use bricks as well!:rotfl:

Lots of places sell this, including Amazon. This Harrod page gives an idea of what to expect, but might not be cheapest:

https://www.harrodhorticultural.com/ground-cover-weed-control-fabric-50g-pid7909.html
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
    32.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant, alfie! :T
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
  • alfie_1alfie_1 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dave dave dave ....

thanks for the link
  • choillechoille Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    How lovely Alfie - really lovely.

I don't know how you manage to do so much stuff.

Been clearing some spindly trees down the banking again today. Do a little at a time as it gives me back ache.

Major relist on ebay this evening - little selling which isn't an incentive.
  • MysteryMeMysteryMe Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Super model, love all the things happening.