We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    I need a break in this weather, can someone do a rain dance please, with the bedding season all but over, everyone trying to get some leave in before the autumn run, and im so far behind with maintenance at this rate we will have to be offering a dead-head your own dahlia deal.
    Im out of water at home and the sagina subulata lawn I put in isn't overly liking tap water it will recover but could look prettier and im being overseen by a few landscapers who are convinced its not going to work, so im praying to St Jude.
    I must figure out how to add some pictures so you can see how barmy I really am :) i've been nicknamed Heston Blumenthal ( her with deconstructed rockery) but I don't care, nothing strikes more fear into a soft landscaper that the concept of no mow lawns :rotfl:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tori.k wrote: »
    i've been nicknamed Heston Blumenthal ( her with deconstructed rockery) but I don't care, nothing strikes more fear into a soft landscaper that the concept of no mow lawns :rotfl:
    I know nothing of s'lebs, but I thought Heston was a bloke, or has he just 'come out,' 'gone over' or whatever the current terminology is? :huh:

Anyway, I desconstruct stuff all the time, so nothing to write home about there....:D

We're all tidy again, now Pete has removed the bales. Here's a picture taken just before he arrived with a second tractor. You can see the hedge we laid last winter in the background with a few moon daisies showing.:) You can also see the bit we have to do next winter. It'll soon be time to go for the bracken that's creeping into the field again.... once in 3 years job.

Wish watering was once in 3 years! :(

P1030382.jpg
  • Davesnave
    Options
    DD1 jumped out of a plane to raise money for a cancer charity at the weekend. She did it about 10 years ago and wasn't too bothered, but found it much harder to contemplate this time, as a thirty-something with responsibilities.
    ....And she found it even harder when there was a long delay......:eek:

This was why: https://www.metro.news/oh-chute-skydiver-crash-lands-on-roof/1629498/

But the weather was great, her jump went OK and she'd raised £600 when I put my 2p in last week. :A
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    hi all ..
    we are waiting now for the machinery to turn up for hay making ..
    took friends granddaughter and her pony [fat cob] for her first official lesson [not my kacker 'lil gypsy jump on bareback and go teachings ! ]
    getting the fat pony in the trailer was a task in itself but we managed [not scared just didn't want to leave his mates ! ]
    she did so well in the lesson , so confident for a 9yr old ...
    we attempted to go again Thursday BUT FP was having none of it getting in the trailer so after much under breath swearing and shving we gave up ... dashed to the stables and she had a lesson on one of their ponies ... again did really well [instructor was impressed and told her so , so boosted her confidence ]
    I was absolutely wacked out when I got home last night !

sunday im off to surrey to view a full size gypsy bow top wagon !!!
    NOT CHEAP !! but we will see what haggling brings forth ... getting it back will be another "adventure" im sure !

ehdug2.jpg
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goodness - beautiful wagon.

There's a guy who does them up around about - I think. So I hear.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's gorgeous Alfie. Hope the haggling goes well
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    hi all

well I got 1k off ...if I decide its a YES !
    got to check costs of re canvasing it now ...

cooled off a bit here 18-20d today , not sure if fields have been cut as ive been awol today and cant quite see those 2 fields from house...
    got farrier tomorrow so will see then !! too tired from motorway madness to go tonight ....
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nice day here for a change & got outside for a bit - re - fly repellent on sheep as they still need sheared & it's that sort of weather.

Been taking out excess wood from upstairs & moving it into the shed - shorter bits for firewood. Amazing how tiring that felt. It's been such rubbish weather for so long that everything is running away with itself so don't know where to start outside!.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Nice wagon alfie, but what will you do with it? Go on the road, stop in lay-bys and carve mushrooms? :D There's a chap near Exeter who has almost a residency in chain-sawing sculpture.

Flies are active here too; had 4 horse fly bites in an hour yesterday while on the brush-cutter, but they don't seem to swell up or even itch much nowadays, fortunately.:p

Visited one of our favourite gardens/nurseries and picked up quite a few new treasures, all at a maximum price of £4.50....so much better than the £7 or £8 typical in many garden centres. :beer:

We're currently digging out a new garden area and so have room for plenty new plants. We're still finding buried junk from times long ago too. We have a barrow for stones, a barrow for sifted soil and another one for metal and assorted carp. Still, once an area's cleared of debris, old concrete. big stones etc and a few barrow-loads of Horse Woman's old, rotted miscanthus bedding is added, things grow at a prodigious rate! :D
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone..

The wonderer returns lol.

Didnt realise how long I hadn't been on me.

Will make myself a cuppa and start reading back posts to catch up pn what's been happening with everyone..:D
    Work to live= not live to work
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure