We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs Fay - anything that I can do just shout and I'll try & oblige if I can.

Hope that you can keep posting & keeping us up to date - if you feel that you want to.

Gorgeous lambs & I am missing not having any this year - just sooooo cute.
    We had snow last night & quite a lot on the tops - roads not too clever either & sleet & hail tonight & it's freezing.

Seem to have jiggered my back carting some rubble about, but didn't lift it properly - should have used the wheelbarrow, but didn't & am paying the price - walking about like Quazimodo's Granny.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,737 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope the back eases. have you tried hot/cold on it?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • choille
    Options
    Thanks Lucielle - I am sat with a hot water bottle at my back. I can't abide even the thought of cold anything against it, but I know I should. Off to bed which is toasty. To lay flat for at least 8 hours - bliss. Well will be if I don't move.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All behind this morning, but I thought I'd just post this. For once, the Daily Heil has the best version of the story with the most pictures, but it's also on the Beeb.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4267166/Couple-ALLERGIC-modern-life-evicted-mud-hut.html

By the way, there is no 'Tarka Valley,' but the Tarka Railway Line runs through near there.

Hope the back's easier today, choille. Had to give myself a rest yesterday for much the same reasons....in my case mud wrestling with tree trunks. We never learn, do we? :o
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    hi all

gosh what a week for everyone !! highs and lows !

well, mines been both... dolly daydream got a severe infection after her speying op , she had to be on a drip and antibiotics but has turned a corner and seems better now.

dad was taken to hospital from nursing home last Friday , his feed tube had come out, but that's fixed now.
    mum had a funny turn , prob worrying about dad ! shes fine now..

and I won [before xmas] a family pass to paultons park [fun park/peppa pig ! ] and decided to donate them to a worthy family on our local town face book page... oh boy ! so many families with sick children/parents ! made it hard to decide WHO !
    so I went on a quest to secure some more day passes to other places, got one to a family farm park [so that's 2 families ] and waiting to hear from a couple more..
    so im up to "here" with poorly animogs and people !!!

weather has been drizzly then rain then high winds then ,like today, sunshine !! been bl**dy cold at times too...

ive put tilly in with jim jam the stallion, started off with him pestering her and she telling him off.... now its like he's wandering at 20 paces behind every where she goes.... workman said its typical male placing, carrying the shopping while wife shops !!!:rotfl:
  • choille
    Options
    :mad:Good for you Alfie doing your good deed re family day out.

Sorry to hear your family woes - Hope everyone gets well/better soon and also Dolly Mixture too. Sending good vibes down the ether.

We have spent most of the day on the phone about BT broadband issues which we find out is impacting many people in this and other areas since they started to lay fibre optic cables - which will run past us but we are not getting that service as we are too rural:mad::madyet down the road is which has about 3 1/2 more people.

I also discovered the complaint I raised three months ago about intermittent access has only been escalated this afternoon when I enquired at 4pm about what was happening - nothing it turns out, so I have contacted MSPs, MPs and local councillor as I am :mad:

What should have taken 20 minutes to do on-line took 5 hours the other evening and this seems to be the norm these days.

Cold here but mainly dry with only short snow flurries.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Life here has been quieter than it's been for you guys. Glad all the medical stuff has been sorted alfie.... and your back too perhaps, choille? :)

The weather only allowed under cover stuff yesterday, but it was mostly sunshine today, so back into the road hedge I went. I suppose there's still a remote chance I'll get half of it done by April, but I'm spread thinly at the moment. Got my early seeds in, like toms and a few peppers, but I'm not doing so many of the latter this time. ;)

I hear on the grapevine that a new writer/producer has come forward for the next Panto, which is timely, because the previous ones are unwilling to do another for a while (or 'never again' if their recent comments are to be believed!:rotfl:)

Anyway, this one has form, including ongoing work with the Beeb. Have they any idea what the're getting into? No, I don't think so either... :cool:
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I hear on the grapevine that a new writer/producer has come forward for the next Panto, which is timely, because the previous ones are unwilling to do another for a while (or 'never again' if their recent comments are to be believed!:rotfl:)

:eek::eek::eek: that's what happened to our local panto !! since gone totally "womens anatomy" up !

she thought she was producing for a London stage show not a village hall, humorous, local oiks gathering !!;)
  • Chesapeake
    Chesapeake Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

I've been a bit tied up the last few weeks but have been keeping an eye on all your news and the cute lamb pics :)

I'm focussing on two things atm, the first is getting my side business started as it should be a long term generator of a healthy income with just a few hours a week input from me.

The second thing is a smallholding... it was been a long term dream of mine but I'm now putting serious time and effort into research. I'm lucky in that my day job and my future side business are both interlinked and both will benefit from me having some land to grow stuff!

The allotment hasn't made much progress except that we've found an awesome local farm supply shop and bought a bunch of posts, fencing, ground cover and buckets! Once the weather calms down we will be full speed ahead on building raised beds etc as we have planted a bunch of seeds in the conservatory.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: that's what happened to our local panto !! since gone totally "womens anatomy" up !

she thought she was producing for a London stage show not a village hall, humorous, local oiks gathering !!;)

Nah, this one isn't the Linda Snell type. Young, low key, grounded, has other interests and skills etc. It'll be a bit different, I expect, but with a 19 year history, no one will want to throw the present successful formula away. Besides, scenery, costumes lights and props will still be in the same capable hands. Part of our efficiency is that everyone knows what they do.....like I just have to act the fool. :o

It's essential that things evolve, or they die.

Take the village magazine, which looked like it was folding last November. Suddenly, 3 people popped up, saying, "We'll have a crack at it!" In two months they've turned the whole thing around, made it look really good and brought in new features and advertising, so we have something now that the village can be proud of again....full colour, glossy paper...it's like we're in the 21st century! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback