We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    We talked about this last time. Re harassment . So going to speak to the animal health guy to write us a report on his findings and a copy of what he reported back to the RSPCA. And call into the police station to have a chat on where we stand. As I am sure if the police investigate the RSPCA etc have to hand over the details of the person doing the reporting..

Anyway some piggy !!!!!! for you. Our litter that was born last Monday

https://youtu.be/lmaSoKzm_ew
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    And our Lola playing on our bed lol
    https://youtu.be/tk-N5TEi_1U
    Work to live= not live to work
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,180 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CTC - I'm going through a harrassment case with the police at the moment. They've been really helpful and understanding.

I've got a filthy cold - as usual, acquired on the plane. Just hope my dad hasn't caught it or it'll mess up his chemo schedule. I've been away for the weekend as it was his birthday, so haven't managed to do anything useful.

Grass seems to have grown a HUGE amount while I was a way. And lots of apples are rotting on the ground (it appears a few may have ripened too...).

I've got a day off tomorrow, and unfortunately it won't involve a lie-in as the electrician is due at 8.30am to start fitting NEST thermostats and a controller. Which means I need to call the oil engineer to fix the expansion tank on the boiler and install the secondary one, and the plumber to drain down and separate the two heating circuits. And the builder to come and finish the snagging.

I don't think I'm going to get the floors done this year - although it is only a surface screed that needs doing, it'll take a while to dry out and I really can't face living with damp concrete floors at this time of year. So I'll save that and the kitchen for next year, when I'm recovered.

I'd quite like to order some hedging plants and shrubs, but I need to make sure I'll have the time to plant them.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 September 2016 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Love the videos CTC. :T I'm glad you're going to see the Old Bill about the harrassment. They may have some idea....;)

Better day than I expected, but I'm glad I got most of the grass sorted yesterday. It has grown very quickly lately, greenbee. Like you, I'm not sure we'll get the conservatory floor done until next year. We can probably only screed now once the roof's on, and I'm not sure when that will happen. Late October? :(

Decided to cut and run with many of the squash. We're told to wait until autumn proper, but I want these to be baked on the bench in the polytunnel.....Crown Prince, Blue Banana and A N Other from the wrong side of the sheets! :rotfl:

33ff30w.jpg
  • greenbee
    Options
    I need to take my cold off to have a steamy bath. And attempt to sleep. Sadly my only decongestants are non-drowsy, so I think my jet lag may well be helped along by the cold.

I've found some bathroom lights I like but they're outrageously expensive when I think how much else I have to do.

Most important is to nag the builder into finishing all the stuff he has started. I'm fed up with things being not quite finished...
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Most important is to nag the builder into finishing all the stuff he has started. I'm fed up with things being not quite finished...
    I think it's a condition of large-scale work that things stay unfinished for ages. We still don't have a completed central heating system or a signed-off rewire. :o

Hope you get the sleep you need. :)
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    forgot to say.... that's a fair size squash you've got there dave....;)
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Forget the squash... I want to know why he whitewashes his lawns! :D
  • I_have_spoken
    Options
    Sort of a holiday here in Scotland (we don't get the August BH) but needless to say the weather has been awful.

I've been clearing the rear of the garage so at least I can pot-up spring bulbs under cover.
  • greenbee
    Options
    I have working thermostats :)

Went to ikea, so tomorrow may have a working kitchen light (only one of three bulbs works in this, they are weird expensive bulbs, and it's hopeless anyway).

Texted boiler engineer who seemed to think he was doing the work a couple of months ago - I'm not telepathic, so he actually needs to text me proposed dates and then I can let him know whether I'm here. I have barely been at home since he serviced the boiler at the end of May. He wants a landline number... but that's not really much use. So I've explained again that he needs to email and that way I'll be able to reply wherever I am. He seems to be incapable of actually booking work in or planning, which makes it difficult - I'm unlikely to be here if he lets me know the day before. Or just turns up, which might be what he did.

Also need to call the builder and ask him when he is going to come and finish off... Not a conversation I'm particularly looking forward to!

The boring houseplants I got in Ikea are cheering the place up, and hopefully cleaning the air, which is probably full of all sorts of solvents due to the amount of MDF, paint, filler etc used over the last few months.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback