We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Warm feeling... Might. Just. Leak...:D
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    DaftyDuck wrote: »
    Warm feeling... Might. Just. Leak...:D

:cool: does that mean... :o like, you've had an "accident" ... :eek:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    bit more relaxing day today.... took mum to IOW to see my sister [her birthday yesterday. we went to ventnor and had a lovely family lunch, sat looking out by the beach at what looked mediteranean !!
    I got sunburn !! on my face :o
    it really was a lovely start where the ferry crossing was like a mill pond .. sun was amazing [it was 8-45 am ]
    came back at tea time . still hot...

I intend to relax this weekend and not go near,look at or respond to anyone or anything that appears lost, injured or forlorn !! :D

I looked out to field next door to me [the one we want] and ANOTHER pony has appeared ! I thought one of our mini's had got in there... but no its thier Shetland ...so looks like their in for the duration and we wont be able to turn jim jam out before he has to go back to his owner... shame cos he could do with that last grassy nosh to beef him up for the winter... whats the betting she moves her hoss's the day after jim jam goes :(
    I know its their field but hes getting a bl**dy agri grant for that field yet has never used it before we asked to !

anyway.... chill Alfie ...;)
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    :cool: does that mean... :o like, you've had an "accident" ... :eek:
    That's why I usually lay off the :beer::beer: nowadays, or I'm up & down all night, like a fart in a colander.....

I can abstain easily, although slavery to the demon drink ran in the family on my Mum's side, and I maintained the tradition in my youth.

One New Year I drank 10 pints and several vodkas, just to prove I could...but I don't know where it all fitted. After all, in those days, I was [STRIKE]slim [/STRIKE] slimmer :cool:

No news on conservatory. I sent a grumpy email asking them to email back exactly what info they want from us and why, so they rang, twice, and we weren't in. :p

We were in the orchard, pruning the biggest plum tree, which has only just finished fruiting. I also completed concreting-in the new fence posts, ready for the gales, whenever they arrive. Had another bonfire too. :D

Horse Woman should be home tomorrow. She's agreed to have a carer visit several times a day, but whether she did that just to escape hospital.......we shall see! ;)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    dave.... you are like a human Filofax ! you appear to have a very long mental list in your bonce that you work through !! :rotfl:

sounds like you should hire yourself out as a "how to and what not to do " to get the attention of workmen and what to do when you DONT get the attention of workmen !!

what is it with companies that winge their struggling yet cant help potential customers...:mad:

I must admit generally round here the smaller guys are the hardest working.. the bigger companies tend to be less personal in their work ethics shall we say....

gorgeous sunny day here again today
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Morning all.

Well it's started again. Someone has phoned rspca swing there were 2 skinny pink sheep at the bottom of the lane (where we live) any agri complaints the rspca tell the local animal health department. So he calked out this week and thought the complaint was ment to say pigs. Showed him out pigs which are on view to everyone who passes. Unless it's a sow with a litter. Which we have at the moment.which he saved about how nice they are. Which is a great compmiement as he used to show pigs. And still breeds them.

The annoying thing is whoever has reported us is wasting time and money of the rspca and the local authority animal health.

We now think it's someone who doesn't walk the lane. If even from here.
    Just wish whoever it is for the bloody balls to say to put face what the actual problem they got with us. Or our pigs..

Right rant over with lol... going to have a nice cuppa
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    so why, when im saying im gonna chill out this weekend ,have I said yes to looking after 3 dogs for the duration ???...........

I love it really. my sofa is peppered with "bodies" :rotfl:
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,181 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CTC - can't believe the RSPCA act on a call from someone who doesn't know the difference between a 'skinny pink sheep' (I didn't know they came in pink...) and a pig. They should be checking up on the person who filed the report and testing them with flash cards...
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    CTC - can't believe the RSPCA act on a call from someone who doesn't know the difference between a 'skinny pink sheep' (I didn't know they came in pink...) and a pig. They should be checking up on the person who filed the report and testing them with flash cards...

ive seen CTC's pigwigs and they are so well looked after ! if you could see ctc's other half playing/talking/fussing them youde laugh your sox off ;-)

it really makes me cross that someone is targeting them... again !
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    dave.... you are like a human Filofax ! you appear to have a very long mental list in your bonce that you work through !! :rotfl:
    I don't think I'm unusual. Anyone who has land probably has a list of things to be done and a general idea about the order to do them.

But it can change.....like today, I knew rain was on the way, so the sprayer came out, followed by the mowers. Now it's been peeing down for a few hours, so mowing and yesterday's bonfire become irrelevant and we switch to vine weevil check-ups. :D

As for the conservatory bloke, he sent through some stuff today, which wasn't right, but it was more right than wrong, so we're moving in the right direction. :undecided I had what they call "a full and frank discussion" with him, where he admitted they don't have the CAD software to produce the sort of drawings I'd expect.....so I have to live with that. At least he tried to meet me 1/2 way and I think we'll have it sorted by Monday. ;)

We all know CTC's pigwigs have a great life. If some saddo keeps reporting targeted nonsense to the RSPCA, it eventually becomes a police matter, as I'm sure using 3rd parties via false claims is harrassment. :naughty:

Of course they might be a few sandwiches short of a picnic too, like the person who kept sending false leads to funeral directors, care homes and estate agents in the name of my Outlaws. They ignored it rather than kick-off and give the person a buzz. It soon stopped.

Went to look at granite today, to see if we might have a fireplace more interesting than those 'off the shelf.' We'll see what the price comes back as, but I think we'll probably end up with with the Moss Bros rather than Gieves & Hawkes! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback