New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

First Choice EPC

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
144 replies 31.5K views
saker75saker75
251 posts
Forumite
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
Hi all,

I paid for an EPC through http://firstchoiceepc.com

The assessor visited the property and undertook an assessment. Since then he has vanished into thin air, the report has not been uploaded and First Choice EPC are no longer replying to my emails.

At the very least I'd like to raise this with Trading Standards but don't know where First Choice EPC are based.

Any suggestions?
«13456715

Replies

  • shaun_from_Africashaun_from_Africa
    12K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saker75 wrote: »
    At the very least I'd like to raise this with Trading Standards but don't know where First Choice EPC are based.

    No one seems to know where they are based!
    http://www.housingenergyadvisor.com/blog/beware-of-the-online-epc-cowboys/ (read the reviews at the bottom)

    How did you paid for the assessment?
    If by way of debit or credit card then you should contact your card issuer. Explain what has happened and request a chargeback of the money.
    This isn't guaranteed to get your money back but it's probably your only option.
  • Laz123Laz123
    1.5K posts
    Forumite
    This is their lookup:

    canonical name firstchoiceepc.com.
    aliases
    addresses 82.165.153.62
    Domain Whois record

    Queried whois.internic.net with "dom firstchoiceepc.com"...

    Domain Name: FIRSTCHOICEEPC.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Name Server: NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Status: clientUpdateProhibited
    Updated Date: 19-aug-2014
    Creation Date: 26-mar-2014
    Expiration Date: 26-mar-2015

    >>> Last update of whois database: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 07:24:23 UTC <<<

    Queried whois.godaddy.com with "firstchoiceepc.com"...

    Domain Name: FIRSTCHOICEEPC.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 1852041644_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
    Update Date: 2014-03-26 06:56:17
    Creation Date: 2014-03-26 06:56:17
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-03-26 06:56:17
    Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
    Registrar IANA ID: 146
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
    Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: Registration Private
    Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Registrant City: Scottsdale
    Registrant State/Province: Arizona
    Registrant Postal Code: 85260
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: [email protected]
    Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: Registration Private
    Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Admin Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Admin City: Scottsdale
    Admin State/Province: Arizona
    Admin Postal Code: 85260
    Admin Country: United States
    Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
    Admin Fax Ext:
    Admin Email: [email protected]
    Registry Tech ID:
    Tech Name: Registration Private
    Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Tech Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Tech City: Scottsdale
    Tech State/Province: Arizona
    Tech Postal Code: 85260
    Tech Country: United States
    Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
    Tech Fax Ext:
    Tech Email: [email protected]
    Name Server: NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
    Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-09-20T07:00:00Z

    ****************************************************
    See Business Registration Listing
    ****************************************************
    Copy and paste the link below to view additional details:
    http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=FIRSTCHOICEEPC.COM

    Network Whois record

    Queried whois.ripe.net with "-B 82.165.153.62"...

    % Information related to '82.165.144.0 - 82.165.157.255'

    % Abuse contact for '82.165.144.0 - 82.165.157.255' is '[email protected]'

    inetnum: 82.165.144.0 - 82.165.157.255
    netname: SCHLUND-CUSTOMERS
    descr: 1&1 Internet AG
    country: DE
    org: ORG-SA12-RIPE
    admin-c: IPAD-RIPE
    tech-c: IPOP-RIPE
    remarks: INFRA-AW
    remarks: in case of abuse or spam, please mailto: [email protected]
    status: ASSIGNED PA
    notify: [email protected]
    mnt-by: AS8560-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20131009
    source: RIPE

    organisation: ORG-SA12-RIPE
    org-name: 1&1 Internet AG
    org-type: LIR
    address: 1&1 Internet AG Axel Fischer Brauerstr.48 76135 Karlsruhe GERMANY
    phone: +49 721 91374 0
    fax-no: +49 721 91374 212
    e-mail: [email protected]
    mnt-ref: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
    mnt-ref: AS8560-MNT
    mnt-ref: SCHLUND-MNT
    mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20040415
    changed: [email protected] 20040512
    changed: [email protected] 20040611
    changed: [email protected] 20040611
    changed: [email protected] 20040723
    changed: [email protected] 20041116
    changed: [email protected] 20041116
    changed: [email protected] 20041122
    changed: [email protected] 20041122
    changed: [email protected] 20050316
    changed: [email protected] 20050324
    changed: [email protected] 20050810
    changed: [email protected] 20051208
    changed: [email protected] 20051212
    changed: [email protected] 20051213
    changed: [email protected] 20051214
    changed: [email protected] 20051223
    changed: [email protected] 20060216
    changed: [email protected] 20060216
    changed: [email protected] 20060217
    changed: [email protected] 20060217
    changed: [email protected] 20060217
    changed: [email protected] 20060222
    changed: [email protected] 20060222
    changed: [email protected] 20060223
    changed: [email protected] 20060412
    changed: [email protected] 20061121
    changed: [email protected] 20061121
    changed: [email protected] 20061128
    changed: [email protected] 20061129
    changed: [email protected] 20061130
    changed: [email protected] 20061130
    changed: [email protected] 20061130
    changed: [email protected] 20061130
    changed: [email protected] 20070209
    changed: [email protected] 20070210
    changed: [email protected] 20070807
    changed: [email protected] 20070808
    changed: [email protected] 20070813
    changed: [email protected] 20070813
    changed: [email protected] 20070813
    changed: [email protected] 20071016
    changed: [email protected] 20071030
    changed: [email protected] 20071030
    changed: [email protected] 20071031
    changed: [email protected] 20080718
    changed: [email protected] 20090514
    changed: [email protected] 20090514
    changed: [email protected] 20090528
    changed: [email protected] 20130611
    admin-c: IPAD-RIPE
    admin-c: RME9-RIPE
    admin-c: AFI5-RIPE
    admin-c: JR2342-RIPE
    abuse-c: ABDE2-RIPE
    source: RIPE

    role: IP Administration
    address: 1&1 Internet AG
    e-mail: [email protected]
    admin-c: AFI5-RIPE
    admin-c: RME9-RIPE
    admin-c: JR2342-RIPE
    admin-c: LTO3-RIPE
    admin-c: ZIG-RIPE
    admin-c: MI-RIPE
    admin-c: MINK-RIPE
    admin-c: VR-RIPE
    tech-c: AFI5-RIPE
    tech-c: RME9-RIPE
    tech-c: JR2342-RIPE
    tech-c: LTO3-RIPE
    nic-hdl: IPAD-RIPE
    notify: [email protected]
    abuse-mailbox: [email protected]
    mnt-by: AS8560-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20131119
    source: RIPE

    role: IP Operations
    address: 1&1 Internet AG
    e-mail: [email protected]
    admin-c: AFI5-RIPE
    admin-c: RME9-RIPE
    admin-c: JR2342-RIPE
    admin-c: LTO3-RIPE
    tech-c: AFI5-RIPE
    tech-c: RME9-RIPE
    tech-c: JR2342-RIPE
    tech-c: LTO3-RIPE
    nic-hdl: IPOP-RIPE
    notify: [email protected]
    abuse-mailbox: [email protected]
    mnt-by: AS8560-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20131119
    source: RIPE

    % Information related to '82.165.0.0/16AS8560'

    route: 82.165.0.0/16
    descr: SCHLUND-PA-4
    origin: AS8560
    notify: [email protected]
    mnt-by: AS8560-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20050811
    changed: [email protected] 20071030
    changed: [email protected] 20090514
    source: RIPE

    % This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.75 (DB-4)

    DNS records
    name class type data time to live
    firstchoiceepc.com IN SOA
    server: ns01.domaincontrol.com
    email: [email protected]
    serial: 2014081900
    refresh: 28800
    retry: 7200
    expire: 604800
    minimum ttl: 600
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN A 82.165.153.62 600s (00:10:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 20
    exchange: alt1.aspmx.l.google.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 30
    exchange: alt2.aspmx.l.google.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 10
    exchange: aspmx.l.google.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 50
    exchange: aspmx3.l.googlemail.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 40
    exchange: aspmx2.l.googlemail.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN NS ns01.domaincontrol.com 3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN NS ns02.domaincontrol.com 3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN TXT google-site-verification=0KdV5DEwibZt4OlmNqI4_IeylwJCd7sVgI5RjtfKR2U 3600s (01:00:00)
    62.153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN PTR firstchoiceepc.com 7200s (02:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN NS crns.1and1-dns.com 172800s (2.00:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN NS crns.1and1-dns.biz 172800s (2.00:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN NS crns.1and1-dns.org 172800s (2.00:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN NS crns.1and1-dns.de 172800s (2.00:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN SOA
    server: rns.1and1-dns.de
    email: [email protected]
    serial: 1409080000
    refresh: 28800
    retry: 7200
    expire: 604800
    minimum ttl: 1800
    86400s
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.
    George Carlin
  • Laz123 wrote: »
    This is their lookup:

    canonical name firstchoiceepc.com.
    aliases
    addresses 82.165.153.62
    Domain Whois record

    Queried whois.internic.net with "dom firstchoiceepc.com"...

    Domain Name: FIRSTCHOICEEPC.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Name Server: NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Status: clientUpdateProhibited
    Updated Date: 19-aug-2014
    Creation Date: 26-mar-2014
    Expiration Date: 26-mar-2015

    >>> Last update of whois database: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 07:24:23 UTC <<<

    Queried whois.godaddy.com with "firstchoiceepc.com"...

    Domain Name: FIRSTCHOICEEPC.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 1852041644_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
    Update Date: 2014-03-26 06:56:17
    Creation Date: 2014-03-26 06:56:17
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-03-26 06:56:17
    Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
    Registrar IANA ID: 146
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
    Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: Registration Private
    Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Registrant City: Scottsdale
    Registrant State/Province: Arizona
    Registrant Postal Code: 85260
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: [email protected]
    Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: Registration Private
    Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Admin Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Admin City: Scottsdale
    Admin State/Province: Arizona
    Admin Postal Code: 85260
    Admin Country: United States
    Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
    Admin Fax Ext:
    Admin Email: [email protected]
    Registry Tech ID:
    Tech Name: Registration Private
    Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Tech Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Tech City: Scottsdale
    Tech State/Province: Arizona
    Tech Postal Code: 85260
    Tech Country: United States
    Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
    Tech Fax Ext:
    Tech Email: [email protected]
    Name Server: NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
    Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-09-20T07:00:00Z

    ****************************************************
    See Business Registration Listing
    ****************************************************
    Copy and paste the link below to view additional details:
    http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=FIRSTCHOICEEPC.COM

    Network Whois record

    Queried whois.ripe.net with "-B 82.165.153.62"...

    % Information related to '82.165.144.0 - 82.165.157.255'

    % Abuse contact for '82.165.144.0 - 82.165.157.255' is '[email protected]'

    inetnum: 82.165.144.0 - 82.165.157.255
    netname: SCHLUND-CUSTOMERS
    descr: 1&1 Internet AG
    country: DE
    org: ORG-SA12-RIPE
    admin-c: IPAD-RIPE
    tech-c: IPOP-RIPE
    remarks: INFRA-AW
    remarks: in case of abuse or spam, please mailto: [email protected]
    status: ASSIGNED PA
    notify: [email protected]
    mnt-by: AS8560-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20131009
    source: RIPE

    organisation: ORG-SA12-RIPE
    org-name: 1&1 Internet AG
    org-type: LIR
    address: 1&1 Internet AG Axel Fischer Brauerstr.48 76135 Karlsruhe GERMANY
    phone: +49 721 91374 0
    fax-no: +49 721 91374 212
    e-mail: [email protected]
    mnt-ref: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
    mnt-ref: AS8560-MNT
    mnt-ref: SCHLUND-MNT
    mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20040415
    changed: [email protected] 20040512
    changed: [email protected] 20040611
    changed: [email protected] 20040611
    changed: [email protected] 20040723
    changed: [email protected] 20041116
    changed: [email protected] 20041116
    changed: [email protected] 20041122
    changed: [email protected] 20041122
    changed: [email protected] 20050316
    changed: [email protected] 20050324
    changed: [email protected] 20050810
    changed: [email protected] 20051208
    changed: [email protected] 20051212
    changed: [email protected] 20051213
    changed: [email protected] 20051214
    changed: [email protected] 20051223
    changed: [email protected] 20060216
    changed: [email protected] 20060216
    changed: [email protected] 20060217
    changed: [email protected] 20060217
    changed: [email protected] 20060217
    changed: [email protected] 20060222
    changed: [email protected] 20060222
    changed: [email protected] 20060223
    changed: [email protected] 20060412
    changed: [email protected] 20061121
    changed: [email protected] 20061121
    changed: [email protected] 20061128
    changed: [email protected] 20061129
    changed: [email protected] 20061130
    changed: [email protected] 20061130
    changed: [email protected] 20061130
    changed: [email protected] 20061130
    changed: [email protected] 20070209
    changed: [email protected] 20070210
    changed: [email protected] 20070807
    changed: [email protected] 20070808
    changed: [email protected] 20070813
    changed: [email protected] 20070813
    changed: [email protected] 20070813
    changed: [email protected] 20071016
    changed: [email protected] 20071030
    changed: [email protected] 20071030
    changed: [email protected] 20071031
    changed: [email protected] 20080718
    changed: [email protected] 20090514
    changed: [email protected] 20090514
    changed: [email protected] 20090528
    changed: [email protected] 20130611
    admin-c: IPAD-RIPE
    admin-c: RME9-RIPE
    admin-c: AFI5-RIPE
    admin-c: JR2342-RIPE
    abuse-c: ABDE2-RIPE
    source: RIPE

    role: IP Administration
    address: 1&1 Internet AG
    e-mail: [email protected]
    admin-c: AFI5-RIPE
    admin-c: RME9-RIPE
    admin-c: JR2342-RIPE
    admin-c: LTO3-RIPE
    admin-c: ZIG-RIPE
    admin-c: MI-RIPE
    admin-c: MINK-RIPE
    admin-c: VR-RIPE
    tech-c: AFI5-RIPE
    tech-c: RME9-RIPE
    tech-c: JR2342-RIPE
    tech-c: LTO3-RIPE
    nic-hdl: IPAD-RIPE
    notify: [email protected]
    abuse-mailbox: [email protected]
    mnt-by: AS8560-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20131119
    source: RIPE

    role: IP Operations
    address: 1&1 Internet AG
    e-mail: [email protected]
    admin-c: AFI5-RIPE
    admin-c: RME9-RIPE
    admin-c: JR2342-RIPE
    admin-c: LTO3-RIPE
    tech-c: AFI5-RIPE
    tech-c: RME9-RIPE
    tech-c: JR2342-RIPE
    tech-c: LTO3-RIPE
    nic-hdl: IPOP-RIPE
    notify: [email protected]
    abuse-mailbox: [email protected]
    mnt-by: AS8560-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20131119
    source: RIPE

    % Information related to '82.165.0.0/16AS8560'

    route: 82.165.0.0/16
    descr: SCHLUND-PA-4
    origin: AS8560
    notify: [email protected]
    mnt-by: AS8560-MNT
    changed: [email protected] 20050811
    changed: [email protected] 20071030
    changed: [email protected] 20090514
    source: RIPE

    % This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.75 (DB-4)

    DNS records
    name class type data time to live
    firstchoiceepc.com IN SOA
    server: ns01.domaincontrol.com
    email: [email protected]
    serial: 2014081900
    refresh: 28800
    retry: 7200
    expire: 604800
    minimum ttl: 600
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN A 82.165.153.62 600s (00:10:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 20
    exchange: alt1.aspmx.l.google.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 30
    exchange: alt2.aspmx.l.google.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 10
    exchange: aspmx.l.google.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 50
    exchange: aspmx3.l.googlemail.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN MX
    preference: 40
    exchange: aspmx2.l.googlemail.com
    3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN NS ns01.domaincontrol.com 3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN NS ns02.domaincontrol.com 3600s (01:00:00)
    firstchoiceepc.com IN TXT google-site-verification=0KdV5DEwibZt4OlmNqI4_IeylwJCd7sVgI5RjtfKR2U 3600s (01:00:00)
    62.153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN PTR firstchoiceepc.com 7200s (02:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN NS crns.1and1-dns.com 172800s (2.00:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN NS crns.1and1-dns.biz 172800s (2.00:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN NS crns.1and1-dns.org 172800s (2.00:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN NS crns.1and1-dns.de 172800s (2.00:00:00)
    153.165.82.in-addr.arpa IN SOA
    server: rns.1and1-dns.de
    email: [email protected]
    serial: 1409080000
    refresh: 28800
    retry: 7200
    expire: 604800
    minimum ttl: 1800
    86400s
    And that helps how?
  • saker75 wrote: »
    Hi all,

    I paid for an EPC through http://firstchoiceepc.com

    The assessor visited the property and undertook an assessment. Since then he has vanished into thin air, the report has not been uploaded and First Choice EPC are no longer replying to my emails.

    At the very least I'd like to raise this with Trading Standards but don't know where First Choice EPC are based.

    Any suggestions?
    If you google them this is the 3rd result

    http://www.housingenergyadvisor.com/blog/beware-of-the-online-epc-cowboys/
  • Hermione_GrangerHermione_Granger
    1.3K posts
    Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    keyser666 wrote: »

    And that helps how?

    You state that other peoples posts are not useful then go on to duplicate information that has already been posted by others!
  • And that helps how?

    You state that other peoples posts are not useful then go on to duplicate information that has already been posted by others!
    Because it highlights the fact that the OP didnt do their due dilligence and is more likely to in the future
  • Laz123Laz123
    1.5K posts
    Forumite
    The wally has gone on my ignore list where irritants go.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.
    George Carlin
  • Their last known address was:

    Maylands Business Centre
    Redbourn Road
    Hemel Hempstead
    Hertfordshire
    HP2 7ES

    They also operate as deadirect.com and epclocal.net. You can see on these sites that they still have their address and phone number displayed however they have recently removed these details from firstchoiceepc.com. They also have a software company called kymsoft.com apparently owned by a chap called Chris Scott.
  • I booked an EPC with Firstchoice EPC and when they hadnot contacted me by 1400 hrs on the next working day I arranged for the EPC tobe done by another company. Very efficient – came at 1630hrs on the same day.
    When Firstchoice EPC eventually contacted me I told them that they were too late and cancelled.
    Then the emails started coming. After the 4th I informed the company that any further communication would be considered harassment and I asked for their registered address so that I could commence legal proceedings. I have had no further response and certainly not received details of their registered address.

    Consumer Contracts (Information Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulation 2013 which came into force on 13th June 2014 is the relevant legislation which gives a statutory right to cancel within 14days. Any terms and conditions which claim to override this are illegal.

    My advice would be “Don’t pay anything upfront to thiscompany.”
  • Hi

    This is hidden away at the bottom of their Terms

    Correspondence Address

    First Choice (A035)
    Duquesa Business Centre
    P. O. Box 157
    Sabinillas
    Manilva
    Malaga
    29692
    Spain
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms