PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having another NSD today.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    Morning all :)

15/10 NSD today.
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happygreen wrote: »
    no NSD today, I have an appointment with a solicitor and I probably need comfort food afterwards, lol

All went well so instead of hitting any shops I went for a small lunch with a friend :T. Not exactly a NSD but near enough!
    DD1 is coming over a long weekend tomorrow so I might delay a shopping trip in big town 'til after the dentist on Friday.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • dingdongsaving
    Options
    A grocery tragedy occurred here today! :j Breakfast mayday! Breakfast mayday! :j

"Mummy! We've run out of pancake syrup!" :eek:

Close call, but we did manage to get enough out of the bottle for today. ;) So maple syrup will be on the list with our fruit/veg & milk this weekend.

On a positive note, the mushrooms & last of the roast chicken from Sunday made so much pasta bake last night that we're having it again today. :D So 1 of our meal plan meals can slip into November or December. :T Gotta love it when a 3 day rubber chicken turns into a 4 day one.:rotfl:

Hubby asked how many nsds we're aiming for this month. I'm not sure but it got me thinking. It's the 15th and we've had 10...but we do have 1/2 term and some fun bits & pieces planned. I'd guess 18-20 out of the 31 days.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have had to go into Mr T every day this week to pick up prescriptions and a couple of items I have ordered for DS and have ended up spending a small amount everyday.

DH also requested a roast chicken dinner last night and risotto today which has meant a small spend on value frozen roasties (ran out of time) and sundried tomato paste. Both were on this months rough meal plan and it is rare for him to ask for anything specific so I don't mind swapping meals about.

This morning I bought lurpack because I have gone off olive spread again and keep forgetting to get the butter out to soften enough to go on my toast and GF beer for the weekend which my Tescimos doesn't normally stock and was £6.00 for 4 which is the cheapest GF beer I have seen.

I ogled the new range of GF cakes and mince pies for a while but opted for 55p on baking marg and will try and get round to making a Victoria sandwich today.

My total is now £172.77 leaving me £67.23 for just over 2 weeks which doesn't seem much by my shopping list for Friday is very small.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • dingdongsaving
    Options
    With a small list it sounds like you're on track XSpender...and with prescriptions it's not like you chose to go to Mr T each day.

I can't believe it's 1/2 term next week. It seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago that we were getting ready for the new school year!
  • bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Tues & Wed NSD'S x
    :hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    After a decent run of NSDs I needed a few bits and pieces, just back from market where I got tomatoes, leeks and two humongous bunches of herbs for £3. Sig updated. Am well on course and running average under budget so far *touch wood that it may continue*.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    NSD achieved :D
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • dingdongsaving
    Options
    Haha! Hubby came home from his lunch meeting (yes, including lunch!) saying he was starving, so we ended up splitting the last of the carbonara for a late lunch together and putting our intended meal plan dinner back on the table tonight. :)

At least no money was spent!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport