🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Beauty Boxes (Monthly Subscription) Codes and Chat Thread 2

Options

Comments

• XmasTime2012
    Options
    wdah wrote: »
    My Tatler Birchbox has just arrived from the £6 Tatler trial sub. What a bargain!!

I got mine to, well chuffed. Also the Percy & Reed is 200ml when it say's it should be 50ml on the website. Well happy!

I also signed up to Birchbox and got the diamond free box yesterday, so overall very happy.

Thanks again! :money:
    :money::snow_laug:xmassmile:rudolf::santa2:_party_:money:
  • izzieuk
    izzieuk Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Just received my free tatler birchbox today (from the £6 tatler trial) in case anyone is worrying about not getting it. It had a really big Percy and reed spray that they couldn't fit in the birchbox so they sent both the box and the spray in a bigger box. The parcel postie for your area will probably deliver this one.
  • kaya1991
    kaya1991 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Never posted in this thread before so hi all :)

I've not had a lot of luck with beauty boxes so far! Used the 20% off code for this month's Glossybox (my first ever) and I'm beyond disappointed. The products just aren't what I was expecting, and their Facebook page is awash with comments from unhappy customers. I unsubscribed as soon as I received it (yesterday), only to find that the cut-off date for cancelling the next month's order is the 14th (dispatch day)! I think this is incredibly sneaky, as had I known how rubbish the April box would be I wouldn't have ordered at all... but as it stands I'm now going to be lumbered with this box and next month's :( Even if I'd double checked the cancellation terms, I probably still wouldn't have done it before I knew how bad this box was going to be, so I'm really not happy and I feel like I've totally wasted my money.

I also tried Love Me Beauty, which was fine for the first month, but I soon cottoned onto the fact that there's a lot of the same brands in the boutique each month, so I cancelled that too.

I'm awaiting the Tatler Birchbox (and the free Diamond box), and by the looks of the comments on here I'm feeling much more optimistic about these!
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 April 2015 at 11:18PM
    Options
    I found the one and only glossybox really crap and I cancelled but their customer service was awful. I had a Birchbox sub which I got 50% off for 6 months and I was happy paying half but as with GB, the boxes were hit and miss, some of the things I received have become Holy Grail products and some I hated. Now I am sticking to You Beauty Discovery which is the cheapest BB at £6.95 a month and it is very east to cancel if you don't like the look of the box as they give you a heads up email 2 days before. I I also get some of the 'one off' boxes like Latest In Beauty and twice a year, British beauty Blogger Dream box, all of which you know what you are getting so there is no element of surprise.
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • lumi
    lumi Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    I've just signed up for the £6 Tatler deal - my fingers are tightly crossed that I also get the proper Tatler Birchbox and not a substitute gift. And that they send it to me quickly so I'm not left waiting in suspense for too long :rotfl:

Do we get a hard copy of the magazine delivered with this deal or is it just a digital version?
  • Alidolly
    Alidolly Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Kaya1991

Yeah I felt the same about Glossybox and was also lumbered with a box I really didn't want as missed the cut-off. The best British one so far has been Latest in Beauty (especially the blogger one) - yes u can see what's included but that way if you hate the products, you don't have to buy.....and its a one off box so no cancellation fees.

Beauty box discovery is ok as its only £6.95 and you can pick the two items you want sent (so no 1000 Laura Mercier primers lol!)

Further afield there is Beauteque and their Head to Toe bags of Korean beauty products. The Breakfast bag is ok but avoid the Tony Moly one as contains a hair straightening product!

LoveLula gets a good right up each month but not tried that yet as spending a fortune on nerd blocks and kawaii type boxes at the moment. There's also Fortune Cookie Soap from the states (think Lush) but that's expensive.

if you are quick there may be a few Cohorted beauty boxes left for June or July. One off box for £19.99 plus £2.95 postage but top quality products like Benefit and Calvin Klein etc..

Once you start tho...(from someone who bought over 50 Memeboxes when they shipped internationally!)
  • kaya1991
    kaya1991 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Alidolly wrote: »
    Hi Kaya1991

Yeah I felt the same about Glossybox and was also lumbered with a box I really didn't want as missed the cut-off. The best British one so far has been Latest in Beauty (especially the blogger one) - yes u can see what's included but that way if you hate the products, you don't have to buy.....and its a one off box so no cancellation fees.

Beauty box discovery is ok as its only £6.95 and you can pick the two items you want sent (so no 1000 Laura Mercier primers lol!)

Further afield there is Beauteque and their Head to Toe bags of Korean beauty products. The Breakfast bag is ok but avoid the Tony Moly one as contains a hair straightening product!

LoveLula gets a good right up each month but not tried that yet as spending a fortune on nerd blocks and kawaii type boxes at the moment. There's also Fortune Cookie Soap from the states (think Lush) but that's expensive.

if you are quick there may be a few Cohorted beauty boxes left for June or July. One off box for £19.99 plus £2.95 postage but top quality products like Benefit and Calvin Klein etc..

Once you start tho...(from someone who bought over 50 Memeboxes when they shipped internationally!)

I really wanted the most recent British Beauty Blogger box for Latest in Beauty but it had JUST sold out when I decided to go for it! I actually really like the idea of the ones where you can see what you're getting - I know there's not the same element of surprise but the value is so worth it! It's a lot like the Sephora sample kits you can get (if only it wasn't so expensive to order their lovely products from overseas...)

The Cohorted ones sound great, I'll look into them, thank you! :)
  • sn1987a
    sn1987a Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I also got my tartler birchbox! Great deal for £6!!! I feel sorry for the people that paid full price for the normal box this month as it costs more than that and there is no comparison...

I ordered 2 cohorted boxes (the june and july) and I didn't have to pay postage as it's free for orders more than £20. A bit cheaky that the box costs £19.99... I really look forward to these boxes!

They send an email and said that they would release more May, June and July boxes at the beginning of each month. We still have a chance to get the May box (for the ones that were not fast enough!)
  • WillowCat2002
    Options
    50ml plus cloth Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is £9.75 off the website so with the Tatler deal you get that plus the rest of the beauty box plus 3 magazines for only £6. No brainer in my opinion!

(I got 200ml of the Percy dry shampoo too)
  • izzieuk
    izzieuk Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    kaya1991 wrote: »
    Never posted in this thread before so hi all :)

I've not had a lot of luck with beauty boxes so far! Used the 20% off code for this month's Glossybox (my first ever) and I'm beyond disappointed. The products just aren't what I was expecting, and their Facebook page is awash with comments from unhappy customers. I unsubscribed as soon as I received it (yesterday), only to find that the cut-off date for cancelling the next month's order is the 14th (dispatch day)! I think this is incredibly sneaky, as had I known how rubbish the April box would be I wouldn't have ordered at all... but as it stands I'm now going to be lumbered with this box and next month's :( Even if I'd double checked the cancellation terms, I probably still wouldn't have done it before I knew how bad this box was going to be, so I'm really not happy and I feel like I've totally wasted my money.

I also tried Love Me Beauty, which was fine for the first month, but I soon cottoned onto the fact that there's a lot of the same brands in the boutique each month, so I cancelled that too.

I'm awaiting the Tatler Birchbox (and the free Diamond box), and by the looks of the comments on here I'm feeling much more optimistic about these!

Regards to Glossybox- you may have missed the cut off date, but you still have the right to return it. Under the consumer contract regulations you can return it within 14 days of receipt and they must refund you the purchase price and (if paid) P&P, though they do not have to refund your return postage cost. As long as the box is untouched with everything unused and intact, they have to take it back. I don't know if I can post links but if you google 'consumer contract regulations' the first result is a very useful guide from Which.

It's silly that GB do this as none of the other boxes do, and if they force you to pay and have it sent to you, you can just send it back and they end up losing money. They didn't used to do it. When they changed, it was one of many reason why I left GB and never went back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport