🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Beauty Boxes (Monthly Subscription) Codes and Chat Thread 2

Options

Comments

• sn1987a
    sn1987a Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lumi wrote: »
    Do we get a hard copy of the magazine delivered with this deal or is it just a digital version?

You get only the digital version and the first copy you get is the May one.
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    sn1987a wrote: »
    You get only the digital version and the first copy you get is the May one.

You actually do get the mags too -

"Get 3 issues for only £6 + FREE iPad & iPhone editions!
    Plus a FREE Birchbox Beauty Box, RRP £30!"

I took out the same trial sub a few months back (when the gift was an Erno Laszlo soap, worth £45) so can vouch for that part.
  • sn1987a
    Options
    wdah wrote: »
    You actually do get the mags too -

"Get 3 issues for only £6 + FREE iPad & iPhone editions!
    Plus a FREE Birchbox Beauty Box, RRP £30!"

I took out the same trial sub a few months back (when the gift was an Erno Laszlo soap, worth £45) so can vouch for that part.

That's even better! I had misunderstood! Thanks for the info!
  • lumi
    lumi Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    50ml plus cloth Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is £9.75 off the website so with the Tatler deal you get that plus the rest of the beauty box plus 3 magazines for only £6. No brainer in my opinion!
    I'm comparing it to the price I've just paid direct from the Liz Earle shop for the 200ml size with several other products for £45 though. That deal is amazing and even still, £6 for just the cleanse & polish in the Tatler box is still really good. Hopefully I'll like a couple of the other products too.

I'm super pleased that we get the physical copy of the mag as well - extra bonus! My subscription to a different magazine has expired so I'm excited to try something new.
  • kaya1991
    kaya1991 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just received my Tatler Birchbox + the free Diamond box (which, judging by the card inside, is the February box), and I'm SUPER IMPRESSED! Seems like an altogether much slicker operation, and I'm absolutely thrilled with the quality of the products I received. I was only planning on doing this month's and then cancelling, but I might even be tempted to stick around...

A few people have suggested I cancel my PayPal payment for next month's Glossybox, but will there be any repercussions if I do so? Technically I'm still in a contract with them, and as far as they're concerned they're still expecting to send me the May box (even though I've already said I'll send it straight back). If I cancel, can they insist I pay anyway? As much as I don't want to be in this contract, I also don't want to get myself in any hot water!
  • Alidolly
    Alidolly Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    For those interested in face masks (not horror but the beauty type!), Mask Genie now has an online store https://www.skinilove.com where she sells her monthly pouches of between 5 or 10 face masks from Asia. Sometimes she includes masks for other parts of the body or for eyes / nose pore strips.

Costs $22 for 10 masks and its a one off payment (though you can ask her to send you an invoice each month if you forget).

She'll also try and tailor if you have severe allergies e.g. to Rose products for example.

At the moment she also has 2 special pouches - 10 days in the wild (with animal looking face masks so you can pretend to be a tiger or sheep etc...seemingly all the rage in Asia!). That costs $34 so may be charged duty on arrival...ditto her oriental beauty pouch.

Still, if you haven't tried Korean beauty products before (and some of the weird and wonderful ingredients they include!) then this might be the perfect opportunity to try something new...snail mucin, starfish extract..
  • sn1987a
    Options
    kaya1991 wrote: »
    A few people have suggested I cancel my PayPal payment for next month's Glossybox, but will there be any repercussions if I do so? Technically I'm still in a contract with them, and as far as they're concerned they're still expecting to send me the May box (even though I've already said I'll send it straight back). If I cancel, can they insist I pay anyway? As much as I don't want to be in this contract, I also don't want to get myself in any hot water!

I think some people cancelled their 3 month YBD subscription by cancelling PayPal without problems, when there was the confusion with the buy 2 get 1 box free offer. I don't think that glossybox will send you a box if they don't receive a payment anyway. Sorry I can't help you... It's not fair what they do...
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    can any of you show me where I go to cancel the 3 month Tatler subscription? I can't seem to find how to do it
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Flygal
    Flygal Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    can any of you show me where I go to cancel the 3 month Tatler subscription? I can't seem to find how to do it

I would just cancel the direct debit with your bank.
  • Flygal
    Flygal Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    lumi wrote: »
    I've just signed up for the £6 Tatler deal - my fingers are tightly crossed that I also get the proper Tatler Birchbox and not a substitute gift. And that they send it to me quickly so I'm not left waiting in suspense for too long :rotfl:

Do we get a hard copy of the magazine delivered with this deal or is it just a digital version?

Me too. fingers crossed! X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family