Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Really hope your late payers cough up soon NOA. 4k is a huge sum to have outstanding.

Sorry to hear about your blood sample being bungled as well. That's very frustrating.

I hope you can get a good quote for your holiday as well.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Bob. Just frustrated with it all. Hope all good with you.

Just a quick drop in, been to see Mum. Spent several hours today in the garden. Needed the space and time to just be. Lopping, pulling weeds and planted 3 rose cuttings into a small new freshly prepared bed (courtesy of DH and DS). Small steps forward. Been worrying some, more health issues :( and another appt on Friday. Trying not to think too much. Seems it never just rains when it can pour.
    Busy week work wise and DS beginning exams too.
    Have a good week :)
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Sorry to read that NOA. I hope the appointment goes ok and gives you what you need. What kind of roses did you plant? Hope your Mum was alright.

• NoOneAround
    Options
    Where has this week gone?:eek:

Bob Thank you. todays appt went ok, need more info so waiting for a scan appt now. Hopefully it will come soon fingers crossed. The roses are all cuttings from my parents tiny garden, I don't recall all their names, but in several colours, all bush roses. They were my dad's favourite flower and he cherished them, and loved tending and propagating them. I will be able to look them up, because Dad kept the labels, I will eventually come across them as I help mum sort things out. I have put them near the patio, I can see them from kitchen window, dining room window and lounge :)

Re: Money
    Busy week at work, haven't had time to stop. Car went in for MOT on Tuesday, found out weds it needs big work to get through, not safe to drive apparently so they have kept it but couldn't fit it into their schedule until next Tuesday. £500+ :( and it is also overdue a service which is usually £300-400. :( - they said they could do it next weds if I leave it with them. So driving around in DD's tiny little runaround, lucky she left that at home as doesn't need it at uni.

Also got a rough quote for hols and its high which I expected - its an 11 hour flight to a different continent. The MSE part of me is desperate to not spend any money. But a tiny bit of me is saying you only live once and who knows what tomorrow will bring, go for it. DS is going anyway and he's paid for, last payment will go out in a couple of weeks. As DD is graduating it would be a really good time for the whole family. Need to look at it this weekend to see where we might be able to reduce some costs.

I'm sure there is lots of other stuff to say, but am exhausted and can't think. Need to get on top of domestics as will go down to see Mum for the day on Sunday.

Have a lovely weekend everyone :)
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • Bobarella
    Options
    The roses sound a lovely reminder of your Dad NOA. Hope they grow well. Glad your appointment went well, hope your scan date comes through very soon.

What a huge car bill. With the sort of cars we had that would have been a deal breaker.

I do think that you deserve a lovely holiday, life is short.

Have a good weekend.

Bob

• NoOneAround
    Options
    Busy day - volunteer work today and trying to catch up with its admin tonight, laptop/watching tv, saw Nanny MacPhee this afternoon....again:rotfl: am a big kid at heart really:o

Bob, I hope they grow well too, I plan to put a lot more in :)Car: -it is a huge bill however we don't have any savings to get another one, and no way could we get a loan, and we can't do with out it due to where we live. Will try and keep it going another 1-2 years and review then, after DS leaves school.

Haven't had time to look at holiday plans, but once again it is just me trying to sort it out, very little discussion or opinion or help in making any decisions. Going to mums tomorrow just for the day this time.

Have a lovely Sunday :)
    NOA
    x
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lounge hovered today

Always love a bit of lounge hovering:rotfl::rotfl:

Just caught up with your diary NOA - well if truth be told I have skimmed. I sometimes feel I dont have the luxury of time to sit and read fully diaries that I follow:( I have recently had a good 'clear out' of some diaries - those who were really beginning to annoy me!)

Cant believe your DD is graduating - where did that time go??

Car - we have similar problem. Need to trade in our 'good car' but new model not due out until end of year and i the meantime we are putting miles on this one so need to find a reliable one in the interim - all takes time and much thought!

Health - things turned around for me when I stopped listening to my GP and decided to research my 'condition' I was fed up of being told I was 'suffering' from XYZ and being treated as if I was 'ill' yes I have a condition that will be with me for the rest of my life - and I intend to have a long one! But it doesnt define me. Its not who I am. I now treat myself in addition to the 'treatment' I get from the NHS and let them take the credit for it...... what I am saying is sometimes it pays not to accept at face value what is being offered. Research and question - one size does NOT fit all!

Holiday sounds good - but dont get yourself into a frazzle or you will be not well enough to enjoy it:o

Love the sound of those roses. I have some lily bulbs that came from the next door neighbour of my childhood ( grandmothers) home - we always called them Mrs M's stinking lilies which is not their name but they have a very pungent smell:rotfl: When my grandmother died and we where clearing out her house I asked the neighbour ( Mrs M had long since died) if I could have a few bulbs - they must have been growing in the same spot in that garden for 40 years:eek: I grow them in a corner of the garden and when that smell wafts about it always reminds me of coming home from school on warm day!

Hope the sun is shining with you:D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Thought I would pop in quickly before I go hover in my lounge :rotfl: but personally I prefer outdoor hovering when I can;), though I do try to avoid street corners when I do.....;)

Thank you for popping in Igamogam, I know how precious time is.
    The car issue does worry me, we need to have some sort of plan in place - I'm hoping it's good for another year now, have just picked it up and am £785 poorer:(
    Balancing the budget and planning for future is one of the reasons I can't quite get my head around justifying the holiday. But I do feel we need something good for us all to look forward to as a family - we really have not had many luxuries over the past few years. But you are right - I do just need to make a decision and go with the flow - not worry myself sick about it. :o

Health: - lots of the niggles are inefficiencies with the system, but on the other hand our health authority is better than most in the country. The worrying thing that the scan is for is unrelated to the RA - and does need to be checked further - lumps and bumps flavoured :( trying not to worry until there is something to worry about. I haven't taken everything they try to give me (don't do drugs much ;) if I can help it!).

I love the that you still have lilies from your grandmother's neighbour. Memories like those are priceless. I would find it very difficult to move from our house. There is a 24 year old cherry tree that my dad gave us in April 1993 (it is older than DD), and an apple tree with 3 varieties, and a pear tree, not to mention some conifers for a hedge at the back of the garden, as well as the roses. Most places I look I can see him. "I am more myself in the garden than anywhere else on Earth" - described him perfectly, and I'm happiest in the garden too :). Can't recall who that quote should be attributed to :o I still remember how excited he was to bring it (the cherry tree), little did I know at the time how much it would mean to me nearly a quarter of a century later.

2zp4ebk.jpg
    Cherry tree - 2 weeks ago :)
    NOA
    x
    So much for popping in quickly....:o
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooooh love a laden cherry tree :)

Scans for lumps and bumps are the worst kind to ponder about - keep busy.........oh you are:o;):)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi NOA

I think the holiday is actually a really important idea. If you were just beginning your debt free journey, maybe not, as you wouldn't have learnt much yet about living within your means. But you have been sacrificing for a long time now and know you will be right back on it after the holiday. With everything you and your family have been through it is probably really important to do it now. After uni for your dd is great timing as after that it will get really hard to plan for everyone.
    Go for it and enjoy every minute you deserve it!
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family