🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New House, New Mortgage!

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Great figures Jodles, coming down very nicely. Cocktails in pint glasses sound intriguing!

Have a lovely weekend :)
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hoping once I get my new rate in August I will be posting more often again! Am also trying to avoid spending too much time on the puter with the nice weather! Have spent all my birthday cash now on more plants, went to a plant fair on the weekend which was awesome! Off to Gardeners world on sat which I am also super excited about! House account is looking a bit better so far this month have about £200 left once gas is paid so have a bit of spends if needed! We have bought tickets for outdoor cinema at the end of August, going to watch Rocky Horror and Jaws!

Managed a couple of small TTs this month, not feeling as much impetus as I would not be able to get under the next bracket regardless and its nice to have money there if we need it!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    it is all a bit flat mid month isn't it... mind you, your plans for time off are good to luck forward to. I'll wish August comes quickly for you too.... August is my next time off work .
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Oh MFD hopefully August will be here before we know it!haha.
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• PaulC5
    PaulC5 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm with you on hoping August comes quick.
    We plan to finally exchange contracts on our new house this week and completion expected by the end of July then we can get our lives back to normal having lived with my in-laws since we sold our first home last August! Picked all our choices last Friday and had a look around now they have done the first fix and plastered everywhere, beginning to feel real finally.
    Keep pushing with your TT's and overpayment's when you can, I'm hoping to get back into it again once we have moved in and settled.
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Jodles. All sounding really positive and on the right track. Roll on new rates and more updates. I do like keeping up to date with your goings on as it's all so motivating.
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Oh Paul that sounds so exciting! What fab news, August should be good for us all!! You need to start a diary, unless you have and I have missed it!

MT you are too lovely! I love your diary as well, you are always doing so much!!

Popped in to say I am looking at a possible career change, I have been thinking about this for a while and think that while I am in this job I will look at experimenting! I know I would love to work with animals, dogs would be the dream! A fab dog hotel which wouldn't look like actual kennels at all is the ultimate, but this new avenue I am looking at could work, will look into it more before I share too much and jinx it! Might need to mix current job with other one to ensure I don't end up with no money and not able to pay mortgage at all!haha.

Who knows!

1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    That sounds really interesting, keeping my fingers crossed you can move into your dream career.
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooh Jodles, definitely experiment with your new chosen path and let me know if I can help in any way. I love to hear about people following their dreams.

I think your idea is excellent based on what my friends with dogs say about having nowhere of a good standard to leave them when they need to.

MTx
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thank you ETE and MT! I hope so too, some issues to look into about practical stuff and also about how to even begin!

Had a fab time at gardeners world yest, spent a wee bit of moolah but all good! Had a meal then went to the cinema spontaneously to watch the conjuring 2, was terrifying! Dogs seemed to really enjoy their time in the new local kennels so will be booking them in advance before it fills up as everyone realises they are awesome!!haha.

1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport