MSE News: TalkTalk hikes value line rental for the second time this year

Options
13»

Comments

• Jemma-T
    Jemma-T Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Options
    TT had better be careful losing a hefty 5%.

Still, with no charge for caller ID & call barring they are still attractive to many people.
  • tracegaz
    Options
    2 years ago (dec 1012) my value line rental cost me £114.00. In Dec 2013 it increased to £126.00 +10.5%. Now they are TELLING me that in Dec this year it is going to cost me £172.20 + 36.7%. That's an increase of roughly 51% in the space of 2 years. We have 3 mobile phones in our house so the land line is almost redundant however it is the supply for the internet. It's now time to find a new source for the net and say BYE BYE TALKTALK.:mad:
    Any reasonable suggestions out there?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tracegaz wrote: »
    2 years ago (dec 1012) my value line rental cost me £114.00. In Dec 2013 it increased to £126.00 +10.5%. Now they are TELLING me that in Dec this year it is going to cost me £172.20 + 36.7%. That's an increase of roughly 51% in the space of 2 years. We have 3 mobile phones in our house so the land line is almost redundant however it is the supply for the internet. It's now time to find a new source for the net and say BYE BYE TALKTALK.:mad:
    Any reasonable suggestions out there?
    You won't find any non-BT line options cheaper than line rental + £1.75 for the internet.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PlusNet is £155.88 line rental for a year and unlimited broadband from £2.49 for new customers.
  • Ourmavis
    Options
    rang talktalk to ask for key to change supplier (after 13 yrs) stayed polite but determined...explained very unhappy about huge increase in landline since last year i.e. £126 to over £170 for next year. Offered immediately £50 discount bringing the landline back to last years cost. Will stay with them now for another year.
  • nbinblack
    nbinblack Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    I had initiated a change of supplier to EE which was either the Amazon Voucher deal or £80 Quidco cashback - not sure which link I used but cash back had tracked. I was contacted by Talk Talk today to discuss me leaving and during the conversation it was highlighted that they were ending my service the day before EE were due to send their engineer - they wouldn't accept the new date from me telling me it had to be EE. Contacted EE (on my mobile so free) and was told they couldn't change the date it had to be me, so back to Talk Talk who during that call gave me a retention offer of a years free line rental and just having to make the payment for the broadband - £3.50 per month. This beat the other deal, so I stay and have no disruption to service.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's one positive thing about TalkTalk, the retention offers are generally pretty good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure