BookWorm's MFW Chapter

Options

Comments

• cookie9
    cookie9 Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are doing really well on your surveys. I confess I have given up on mine.
    MFW 91 op 2014 £410/1000
    MFW 91 op 2015 £4051/4000
    MFW 91 op 2016 £4040/4000
    MFW 91 op 2017 £812/4500
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cookie9 wrote: »
    You are doing really well on your surveys. I confess I have given up on mine.

Hi Cookie

I've been doing them for a few years now and have a shortlist of a few fave sites that work for me. Because of other financial committments, it's one of the main ways I generate OP's these days. Small amounts but better than none.
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Afternoon :)

I was up and out early today as wanted to hit the clothes shops (not a favourite past time of mine and I only go when I "have to"). I've been on the look out for some new work shirts since the start of the year. However, I'm finding it frustrating as so many places seem to have such flimsy material these days. I don't want see through clothes at any time but certainly not for work! Unfortunately, my need for new work tops became even more pressing yesterday as I noticed whilst I was ironing that 2 of my shirts had holes in :( So I gave up ironing those and binned them instead. I have manged to find a couple of tops today that will tide me over but still don't seem able to find some nice (and suitable) shirts.

Glad to be home again as weather has gone back to half drizzle/half snow flurries. So this afternoon will definitely be one for snuggling inside

BW x
  • mortgage_girl
    Options
    Well done on your survey payouts, especially OneP as I always find I'm screened out of most of them. Agree with the H@lifax rewards :( such a shame. I know it's a bit late now but have you thought about H&M for work clothes - if you take a bag of clothes/home textiles to recycle they give you a £5 voucher that you can use off a £25 spend.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now?

MGx
    :jMortgage free 08.08.19 :j
    2018: £19410.25 / £9,300 2017: £7646.64 / £11,000 2016: 4557.98 / £11,000 2015: £10,230.37 / £11,000 2014 =£6703.26 / £11,000 2013 = £4288.51 / £8000 2012 = £1600/£5000 2011 = £2579/£3000
    MF date was Nov 2041 - mortgage neutral 23.07.18

• BookWorm
    Options
    I know it's a bit late now but have you thought about H&M for work clothes - if you take a bag of clothes/home textiles to recycle they give you a £5 voucher that you can use off a £25 spend.

No, I didn't know they did that and to be honest probably wouldn't have thought about them. Will check it out - thanks

Hope you're feeling a bit better now?

A little yes, thank you hun. :) I'm still finding it hard to juggle everything (which is one reason why I'm not around here as often) but I am at least trying to be kinder to myself when it all gets a bit much.
  • mortgage_girl
    Options
    Hope you've had a relaxing weekend BW.

MGx

P.S. Check out the cheap books on mus!c magp!e ;)
    :jMortgage free 08.08.19 :j
    2018: £19410.25 / £9,300 2017: £7646.64 / £11,000 2016: 4557.98 / £11,000 2015: £10,230.37 / £11,000 2014 =£6703.26 / £11,000 2013 = £4288.51 / £8000 2012 = £1600/£5000 2011 = £2579/£3000
    MF date was Nov 2041 - mortgage neutral 23.07.18

• BookWorm
    Options
    Good Morning :)

I cannot believe that March is almost here :eek: crazy where the time is going. Also crazy weather, last week was so lovely and mild and then this week was colder and crazy storms.

All ok in the BW corner of the world. Work still busy but I'm trying to navigate it without letting it take over my life. We are approaching the time when payrises/bonuses are announced - and that will be a big factor in helping me decide what to do for the future.

I have also booked some time off, which gives me something to look forward to. Taking the week in run up to Easter. Most unlike me to have time around school holidays but not sure how much longer I could leave it (as my last week off was September!) Also, only need 4 days and get a 10 day break. Nothing major planned and certainly no holidays away (sadly) but will be nice to bimble about. Fingers crossed for kind weather

Money has been a little tight this month. Partly due to the enforced work clothes shopping earlier on and also because I have started seeing a private physio (as decided the NHS one was not helping. It upsets me to say that as usually the NHS are brilliant, but not in this instance). Still very early days but seems to be helping

Still chipping away at OP's - only minimal amounts this month - but it all counts right. I've had my first annual mortgage statement which unexpected and exciting all at once. No suprises in figures as it matches my own records but nice to see it all in black and white all the same.

Received an unexpected £6 survey voucher this week. Shopping voucher so have added it to my virtual pot as I've saving them up (have my eye on something but not 100% sure yet so won't say just at this time)

Hope you've had a relaxing weekend BW.

Hello MG - Last weekend I visitors so busy-ish but in a good way. This weekend is more relaxed. In fact, the only thing I've 'had' to do is my appointment yesterday with the hairdresser. It was so needed - I looked quite a state lol

P.S. Check out the cheap books on mus!c magp!e ;)

Thank you - I did look. However, I resisted the urge to buy as I have SO many still unread books. I have been trying to replace my book buying sprees with book borrowing ones from the library instead.

One the note of books - MWC - wanted to say thanks for the recommendation (some time ago :o) of Readers of Broken Wheel Recommends. I really enjoyed it.

Wishing everyone a happy & restful Sunday

BW x
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Holiday time sounds lovely. We're booked to go away in late March and I'm really looking forward to it, even though our only plans are to eat lots of local food and buy anything/everything that's cheaper in the US. ;)

Hope the physio continues to work well. It can make such a difference.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    An Easter break sounds like a good idea, especially as it uses so few holiday days. Easter time always makes me feel productive around the house and want a project!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Well it's been another interesting week at work... more redundancies announced...looks like I will be unaffected (at least this time round)....but it's unsettling to say the least :(

I'm at home today as got a couple of appointments this morning and then wanted to spend some time on a project I've been given.

£40 OneP payment arrived - so have dutifully OP'd that. Little else to report on that front.

I was asked to apply for a survey last night that will take place over the weekend if I am successful and I would get £35 for. Keeping my fingers crossed I get picked!

Have a good day

BW x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport