Options
1235»

Comments

• atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    afzaal1988 wrote: »
    I think in op mentioned Xsara Picasso.
    so where did rover 75 come from?
    drop links is the subject here, rover 75 is a pain in the back side to gain access to the retaining nut on the suspension could take hours if you have no disc cutter to hand or a home made tool!
  • Kennynash78
    Options
    I did mine today after being quoted £115 from a back street garage .
    Parts were £14.65 for both sides. Started at 1300 jacked car up put on axle stands . Took both wheels off . And proceeded to replace both drop links 1hr 5 mins later was finished and car is now perfect no knocking noises . So for an hr and 5 mins of very easy work I saved £100.35 which treated our kids to a day out to gullivers tomorrow .
    Do it yourself dead easy and I have only bare minimum knowledge of mechanics
  • bigmaz
    bigmaz Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did mine today after being quoted £115 from a back street garage .
    Parts were £14.65 for both sides. Started at 1300 jacked car up put on axle stands . Took both wheels off . And proceeded to replace both drop links 1hr 5 mins later was finished and car is now perfect no knocking noises . So for an hr and 5 mins of very easy work I saved £100.35 which treated our kids to a day out to gullivers tomorrow .
    Do it yourself dead easy and I have only bare minimum knowledge of mechanics

Good stuff mate. Good saving, and hope u enjoy ur day out with kids.

Looks like I got a good price if that was a quote from a back st garage. For the Picasso, I have heard from a lot of sources buying the cheap versions is not worth it as they are not a good fit. So decided with the more expensive ones. Happy they will last longer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure