Xsara Picasso anti roll bars

Options
bigmaz
bigmaz Posts: 1,241 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi guys. Need to get front anti roll bars replaced. Just wondering if someone could tell me what a reasonable price would be to get a garage to do that? Just so I have an idea before getting a quote.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    bigmaz wrote: »
    Hi guys. Need to get front anti roll bars replaced. Just wondering if someone could tell me what a reasonable price would be to get a garage to do that? Just so I have an idea before getting a quote.

Thanks in advance
    If you want my advice, buy main dealer ones, their type bushes afit better than the pattern ones they never fit snug on cit/pug, but its your money. In a motor factors the bushes are around £8-12.00 an hours labor rate at a garage. who knows form a main dealer.
  • bigmaz
    Options
    Great, thank you. Not too big a job then :)
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, not too big a job - just two nuts each side - but it isn't the antiroll bar itself which needs replacing, it's only the droplinks, which connect each end of the bar to the suspension on either corner.
  • bigmaz
    Options
    Great, cheers :) actually, yeah, thats what I meant to say, the drop links.
  • bigmaz
    edited 30 July 2014 at 8:56AM
    Options
    Just got a quote for £106. Thats with my local garage that I use for MOT and servicing, but never used them for this kind of thing, I know they are very good, so will do a good job. Is that a good price? Or expensive? Just so I have an idea before asking for more quotes :)

And like atrixblue said above, the garage said that they are dealer parts, as they are a better fit.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Take the vat off, and that's £80ish to them. An hour's labour is going to be half of that, and the other half for decent quality bits. I'd say that's good value.

Parts prices :-
    http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/anti-roll-bar/citroen-xsara-picasso-n68-2-0-hdi-90hp_v11873_g3229.html
  • bigmaz
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Take the vat off, and that's £80ish to them. An hour's labour is going to be half of that, and the other half for decent quality bits. I'd say that's good value.

Parts prices :-
    http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/anti-roll-bar/citroen-xsara-picasso-n68-2-0-hdi-90hp_v11873_g3229.html

Thank you for your help :) very helpful. I would rather they do it, so happy that is a good price.

Thanks again
  • colino
    colino Posts: 5,059 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Drop links aren't expensive and you really should (if your keeping the car) get oem spec ones, not the cheapest off the trade counter. Amazing how cars can run up to 3, 4 or 5 years on their original bits, but if you use cheap and cheerful suspension bushes and parts, you'll be changing them every year.
  • bigmaz
    Options
    Yeah, you are right colino, if you are keeping the car then its worth spending the extra, as it probably saves you money in the long run. Especially with these drop links, they really are cheap anyway, so def no point buying cheaper versions.

The car has been a good buy, its a 52 plate, had it for nearly 3 years, and still runs smooth (for a diesel), apart from this clunking, lol. But will soon be gone :)
  • afzaal1988
    afzaal1988 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    I changed one on my car. total cost £8 for drop link and £6 for PlusGas.
    It did take me 2 and half hours to take old one off because of rust. but i was free so time wasnt an issue.

bytheway i m not mechanic. just diyer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport