Snaggles's Debt Diary - Car Loan Challenge

Options

Comments

• sophiesmum_2
    sophiesmum_2 Posts: 4,965 Forumite
    Options
    Snaggles wrote: »
    Oooh, I've got a bit of dilemma - a friend of mine has invited me for a night out. She's booked a limousine (which she is insisting on paying for, to thank the people who have stood by her through a recent crisis.....her husband left her for another woman while she was heavily pregnant). It will be great fun, but with drinks and entry to a club, plus a taxi home (the limousine is only for an hour), and a new outfit (I would need a new top at least, as I have nothing at all that fits and is suitable), it will cost a fortune.

I really really want to go, but at the same time, we can't really afford it, and if I did spend the money, I would feel bad about not putting it towards the car loan (and also guilty about letting her down).

And what do I wear????

Hi Snaggles,
    GO FOR IT!!!
    When are you going to get the chance of a limo ride again anytime soon??
    You could limit your drinks?, share a taxi?, How long is it off the night out?
    Any chance to save a little towards it?
    Any chance of borrowing a top off a mate for the night?
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Sophiesmum - yes I can share a taxi - she lives across the road from me luckily......although, if she is paying for the limo, it might seem a bit cheeky to not offer to pay for the taxi myself.

Drinks will be limited anyway because I'm breastfeeding - I can only really have 2 or 3.

The night out is on the 25th, so I'll have another payday before then, and can get some stuff listed on ebay in the meantime.

All my friends are fairly small chested unfortunately, and I am currently smuggling boulders under my top (see above re breastfeeding....lol).

But I think you have convinced me to go....wooo! :D:D

(I didn't take much convincing, did I :rotfl:)
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • Snaggles
    Options
    All my friends are fairly small chested unfortunately, and I am currently smuggling boulders under my top (see above re breastfeeding....lol).
    This bit related to borrowing a top - just realised it sounded like I was just making general chitchat about boobs hahaha!
  • sophiesmum_2
    sophiesmum_2 Posts: 4,965 Forumite
    Options
    :j :j
    Yup!! You should definately go. You look after two kids, support your OH with his problems, and give loads of help on this board. You chirp in on everyones posts (I don't mean that nastily:D ) and make people laugh or give them support and I bet you have given your friend the same sort of support when she needed it. It would be sad if you didn't go on your friends night out, as she is trying to repay your support with something special.:beer:
    Go and enjoy the night.
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, go Snaggles & have a really great time.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options

If you've got them hun - but not for long - then flaunt them for all they're worth...
    But I think you have convinced me to go....wooo! :D:D

(I didn't take much convincing, did I :rotfl:)

You shouldn't need much convincing - go. She deserves you.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • tigtag02
    tigtag02 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sophiesmum wrote: »
    :j :j
    Yup!! You should definately go. You look after two kids, support your OH with his problems, and give loads of help on this board. You chirp in on everyones posts (I don't mean that nastily:D ) and make people laugh or give them support and I bet you have given your friend the same sort of support when she needed it. It would be sad if you didn't go on your friends night out, as she is trying to repay your support with something special.:beer:
    Go and enjoy the night.

Well ~ you cant really argue with that can you??

Any if you do, I'm coming to knack you ~ NOW GO :rotfl:
    :heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
    TEAM YELLOW
    DFD 16/6/10
    "Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:
  • Snaggles
    Options
    Phew, well it looks like i'm going! Thanks guys :D

Gulp....what shall I wear, what shall I wear, what shall I wear??

I have jeans and sparkly sandals.......if I can find a nice top to go with those, will that be okay for a clubby night out? How on earth am I going to cover my wobbly post-baby bits???? :eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Dont worry about you post baby wobbly bits.Just go & enjoy.
    Jeans & sparkly sandals sound just fab hun.
    Get a nice top to go with your jeans & you'll be all set!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Phew, well it looks like i'm going! Thanks guys :D

Gulp....what shall I wear, what shall I wear, what shall I wear??

I have jeans and sparkly sandals.......if I can find a nice top to go with those, will that be okay for a clubby night out? How on earth am I going to cover my wobbly post-baby bits???? :eek:

Wear something with a deep cleavage. No one will notice the wobbly bits... ;)
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport