PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Things you should not do...

Options

Comments

• ellesbellesxxx
    ellesbellesxxx Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dont moisturise your hair to get great curls instead of using mousse...saying that, it felt sooo soft!
    Love this thread :D
    :rotfl:
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't store paint on a high shelf. I have no idea how (it was safely pushed back) but it will fall off!

And when it does, it will cover the freshly painted walls and the carpet. Luckily, it was in the toilet and I didn't like the carpet there anyway - and it only cost me a bottle of wine as my dad had some leftover lino to donate. But I still have to repaint the walls.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• hardpressed
    hardpressed Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Do not 'defrost' mince in a pyrex dish on the hob!! I was cleaning that up FOREVER!!!

Do not take the lid off the pressure cooker until it is depressurised.. standing dripping with stew is NOT a good look!

Ditto when cooking beetroot in the pressure cooker, had to repaint the kitchen ceiling!
  • sm1971
    sm1971 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently years ago my Granddad put sugar on his chips instead of salt and my great uncle was laughing so much he sprinkled cola on his chips instead of vinegar!
  • I_try
    I_try Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Not me but....

Do not lay out all the waxing strips out on the bed then sit on said bed to wax your legs after a bath, only to realise one has stuck somewhere other than your leg!!!

Do not use grandma's 'toothpaste' which is in fact poligrip and has stuck your teeth together.

I admit to forgetting to put crosses in the chestnuts before roasting them in the oven. They explode.
  • Mamma85
    Mamma85 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Don't use nail varnish remover on your face instead of toner, because you were too busy watching the TV :o
    GC Jan -£100/£83.70
    Debts - as of Jan 2015
    Overdraft £1000/
    Tax Credits £1100/
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mamma85 wrote: »
    Don't use nail varnish remover on your face instead of toner, because you were too busy watching the TV :o

my mums friend burned her cornea (she is very shortsighted) she took her lenses out and reached for the cleaner - bottle very similar to her lens cleaner, as she had a cold she did not smell acetone!! but the next morning when she put her gas perm lens in one eye, she realized her mistake! had to wear bottletop glasses for 2 weeks.:eek:
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • lucyhope
    lucyhope Posts: 497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Don't use salt instead of caster sugar in a date and walnut loaf--not tasty!!
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 28
    2018 total £1520
    2019 total £8995
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't scratch your bum after putting Ralgex on your aching shoulder. The effects of Vindaloo pale into insignificance
  • savingqueen
    savingqueen Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 July 2014 at 10:42AM
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I couldn't sleep last night and read this thread, went back to bed happy. I have done several of these and many more, too many to remember.
    Coffee granules and mustard power get everywhere and wiping with a damp cloth.....
    Years ago, DH was then DB and we realised that the Xmas turkey was never going to defrost in time to cook. So put it in his airing cupboard - just for a little while.... went out on the razz and totally forgot about it til the next day and it stunk. Fast forward a few years, cooked a gorgeous, large free range chicken for New Years Day night before and left it out to cool on the kitchen table. Naughty cat helped himself. Shops shut so toad in hole for us while cats feasted on chicken next few days.
    Never give workmen a cuppa with 3 salts instead of sugars. Mind you his face was a picture :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure