My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning All!

Received my 'annual summary' email from my gas and elec supplier this morning. Logged in to have a proper look and noticed I could change tariff (whilst staying with them!) and save £6.00 a month. So that has been changed and Februarys DD will reflect the new rate.
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    First (of hopefully many) ebay items sold this afternoon! A whole £4.26 in the pot! Whoop Whoop! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    £1.42 just released from Q.co..... signature updated! :)
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Hi All!

Well, not a lot to report....
    The fleabay item that sold last week has now been paid so I will be off to the PO this afternoon.
    6 other items live - 4 have watchers - all on BIN or Best Offer, so they could be there for a while yet! I am hoping that some will be appealing as Valentines gifts and will get snapped up around the end of Jan!
    The middle of the month is always pretty dull money wise - everything just ticks along nicely now.
    I have 8 nights house n dog sitting at the end of the month into February, so that should be £80 in my pocket!
    Need to have a week of 'doing' evenings this week. Our little house seems to get cluttered up so quickly - it doesn't help when OH and DSS seem incapable of putting items back where they came from!! A little every evening should get us straight again! Must try and get some more bits on fleabay too.

I think that's all! Laters xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    £13.50 released from Q.co today! :) Signature updated!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    You know when you think you have a pretty good handle on things and then, in a moment of reflection you realise you are missing quite a big point??

Well, this happened to me last night. We have a small(ish) balance left on a 0% c/card that will be gone entirely in the matter of a few months. As you would expect, I have a spreadsheet tracking its demise! But, I have been paying well over the minimum monthly payment and transferring all the little payouts from Q.co over to it... with the aim of reducing it to £0.00 as soon as possible. And then it dawned on me.... what I should be doing is paying the minimum each month and putting the extra that I have been paying into my 'savings' account along with the Q.co money. This means that it would be earning me interest, which in turn means I can pay it off quicker! DOH indeed!

So, that it what is happening from right now! Sometimes I do wonder about myself! Here I am, writing about how I want my money to work for me... and I have missed a massive part of it! Oh well, onwards and upwards!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    2nd fleabay item just sold - £6.91 into the pot! :O)
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All - Happy Friday / Payday.

Wages are in the account - everything is rosey! Have popped some 'spare' money into my 'savings' account to earn some extra pennies in interest - all this interest will be added to the '0% credit card fund' - stay in the 'savings' account and earn more pennies! Perfect plan! lol
    Have a surprise day off tomorrow! I am covering the 6th of Feb for one of the directors here, and he as said rather than work 3 Sats on the trot, I can have tomorrow off instead - brilliant! Loads to do at home and I need to pop into town. Off to a quiz night tomorrow night with my parents - we are all taking snacks, so I hope to clear out some bits left from Christmas! Sunday we are out for lunch for OH's aunts b'day. Well, she is 97 so why not?! lol
    In between, I would really like to get some extra bits on fleabay! We shall see! :)
    Have a great weekend all! Unless anything AMAZING happens today, I'll be back on Monday! x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    3rd fleabay item of the month sold yesterday - so it's off to the PO today and £12.36 into the pot after all fees and postage. Added 1 more item yesterday with the aim of keeping numbers up! Won't sell if they aren't listed! :)

Had a great weekend... but feel like I could do with today being Sunday!

Lovely and sunny here - which we all know is NOT going to last! lol

Have a great Monday all! x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Just popped £50 into my savings account to earn a few pennies for a few days!

Not a lot happening on fleabay - I thought some of the items would have flown... they will go though I am sure! Need to get more items on there, but I am house sitting from Friday and I don't really want to trudge all the items along with me (can't rely on OH to package and post them! lol)

Hope no-ones suffering too badly with this horrible wet n windy weather? xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback