IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Civil enforcement ltd claim form N1 help please

Hi all,

I received a fine from the co op in chingford london last year for going over the time by about 15mins. I researched the company and by advice found I ignored all letters, ive received about 5 over the last year.

2 days ago i received a brown envelope that has a claim form inside and then separate it has some paperwork to fill out its called a response back.

the claim form is for the northampton claim court but where the issue date and claim number is there is a sticker over it with a barcode and some numbers.

It then has their address, my details and a stamp that says date of service 2 jul 2014 and another stamp that has a crown on it and says the county court.

it has the preferred court for hearing is barnet civil and family court and the amount claimed is 130 plus 35 court fee.

at the bottom left corner it has N1 claim form cpr part 7 12.12

on the 2nd page it has details of the claim etc and my car reg (which i dont actually own anymore anyway)

it has a printed name which i wont put on here and then a signature and position held is manager.

Ive googled it a bit and some say its another scare tactic and that the form can be downloaded off the internet and that the stamps can be easily gotten hold of etc, but then others have said it is official and should be paid before court - advice please?

thanks

Replies

• lauram25lauram25 Forumite
    159 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ive never put a picture up on here but if its allowed and someone can give me the dummy guide to posting it on here il do it
  • edited 30 June 2014 at 9:35PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2014 at 9:35PM
    I believe it will be genuine as we get similar threads on here every week at the moment , mainly about CEL and the co-op, and parking prankster blogged about the co-op ones a few months ago

so I would treat it as genuine if you dont hear otherwise, maybe check in on the MCOL website ?

also search and read the CEL and co-op threads too (about court actions)

newbies cannot post pictures , period , but you may be able to

you can redact (or blank out) any personal info and use tinypic or photobucket etc and use a broken weblink to the pictures IF you really feel its necessary ?

from what you posted , it seems genuine to me

you need to acknowledge it, and contact the co-op about it asap

similar to this recent one http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5004801
    159 Posts
    Forumite
    Okay thank you for your reply
    I cannot believe they are charging me 165 for about 15 mins extra.
    I guess I'll just have to pay it as I don't want to end up in court.
  • edited 30 June 2014 at 11:43PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2014 at 11:43PM
    lauram25 wrote: »
    ive never put a picture up on here but if its allowed and someone can give me the dummy guide to posting it on here il do it
    We don't need it. There are dozens of threads about this, search this forum board for 'coop' or 'co-op' as keywords and you will find them all and how it panned out and who they complained to. Discussed also here:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/have-you-received-court-claim-from.html
    Okay thank you for your reply
    I cannot believe they are charging me 165 for about 15 mins extra.
    I guess I'll just have to pay it as I don't want to end up in court.
    WHAT?? NO-ONE ENDS UP IN COURT.

JEEZ YOU HAVEN'T EVEN READ UP ON THIS YET. I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN MSE NEWBIE BUT YOU ARE NOT, HOW CAN YOU READ ONE REPLY AND GIVE UP, WHEN REDX TOLD YOU ABOUT IT AND GAVE YOU A LINKED THREAD TO READ TO START YOU OFF IN UNDERSTANDING THIS SCAM AND HOW TO GET THE CO-OP TO PAY IT OFF.

Please, tell us you are going to read the links and stop thinking about PAYING this fake parking ticket?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    159 Posts
    Forumite
    Whilst I appreciate the reply I do not appreciate the rudeness attached to it. Some people just aren't tech savvy and need more help n guidance then others - then when I receive a reply like yours I wonder why I bothered to ask for help in the first place.

Yes I did read the link and it seems very complicated so forgive me for not understanding ! I wouldn't know how to word a good letter to Co op head office and when someone asked for help on another thread they was shot down in flames for it.

So thanks but maybe I'm better off just paying up rather then get mocked on here.
  • edited 30 June 2014 at 10:56PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2014 at 10:56PM
    Co-op threads tell you how to complain - just read a few and copy what they said. Are you for real? It only takes a search of the word 'co-op' on this forum and you'd have a dozen examples to copy from.

I have never read such a daft reply as I did in your post #4 above, not in all the time I have posted here saving people thousands in not paying these scams. Your reply really shocked me. Can't believe that people exist on MSE forum, who would rather pay a 3 figure sum to a scammer than to email a little complaint to the Co-op.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 30 June 2014 at 11:29PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2014 at 11:29PM
    its bluntness , not rudeness

I did tell you to read pranksters co-op blog, and to search for the other similar threads, and to contact the co-op , and that it was genuine and not a fake

the replies are to make you wake up and smell the coffee , sometimes good medicine tastes bad, but it is what it is

my own thoughts were, not another one, obviously hasnt searched on here or pepipoo before posting and yet has read conflicting information on the net which isnt correct , so I better give this person a "heads up"

you arent the first, wont be the last , but giving in only means they will bully other people

tip, put the search word BARNET from your first post into the forum search box and you get loads of hits , which would indicate it was "genuine"

ie:- 4 years as a member here and over 100 posts means you should be able to navigate the forum and use the search tool effectively
  • @Lauram25 - like coupon mad - it seems daft simply to just pay up at the first hurdle now .....

It also seems like you just wanted to hear magic words that the court claim was false and didn't like the answer. Sadly that is not the case - the court claim form is genuine. CEL are trawling their files and bringing court claims left right and centre.

- looking up your profile - you are no stranger to this forum and indeed this court claim is as a result of this thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3898839&highlight=

This is a pre-POFA COURT claim so only the DRIVER can be pursued if known and this should form part of the defence.

Acknowledge the form saying you will defend in full - this buys you 28 days from service to submit a defence - and should be plenty of time to start doing a little reading. There is plenty of help here on forums by the regulars like coupon who would be only too willing to help - as long as you are prepared to do a little work yourself.

In the meantime complain to the Co-Op
  • Hot_BringHot_Bring Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Whilst I appreciate the reply I do not appreciate the rudeness attached to it. Some people just aren't tech savvy and need more help n guidance then others - then when I receive a reply like yours I wonder why I bothered to ask for help in the first place.

Yes I did read the link and it seems very complicated so forgive me for not understanding ! I wouldn't know how to word a good letter to Co op head office and when someone asked for help on another thread they was shot down in flames for it.

So thanks but maybe I'm better off just paying up rather then get mocked on here.

I struggle with this phrase which we see a lot on here. Why do you think it matters that much how it's worded ? Do people not write letters nowadays ? Just write the facts - i.e. you have court papers from CEL and what you want the Co-op to do - i.e. call off the dogs. You've managed a post ( one of many by the looks of your profile ) so why can't you manage a letter ?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    159 Posts
    Forumite
    Thank you. Will research and gain help from a different forum as to be honest after waking up to reading all the replies I feel less like people helping and more like people just jumping down my throat for saying the wrong thing.
    Hopefully other posters won't be so dumb eh ? Or maybe have a thicker skin.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals