We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 10

Options

Comments

• zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Mooglet, think I recognise the name. I'm just back after a tray AWOL and trying to get back on track too
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • blisteringblue
    Options
    Sazzie23 wrote: »

Blistering - balance coming down nicely now, did you ever think payment day would just slip by ...:T how things change :T

I know, this whole process is becoming a breeze. We are not worrying about Xmas this year as it has it's own pot in YNAB, We have almost paid off £8k since April and even found enough to put money away in a pot for a cheap holiday next year.

OK I'm a credit pariah but blurrrrggghhhh who cares ;)
  • Ha, I just got a follow up email from Moneyshop thanking me for replying to the email they sent to me asking for me to give them permission to email me using the email address I gave them to contact me on! They have said that if they need to contact me in future they will email me...

Perhaps business is slow and they're bored? ;)

MB of G x

LOVE THIS MB!!!!! :rotfl:

Kate - glad you had a fab holiday and good luck with the upcoming interview :)

On the fridge front - we decided to switch it off for 24 hours and let the whole thing defrost. Switched it on again yesterday morning and it is working again!!! Hurrah!! :j
    Will keep it going as long as possible!

First default notice through from Natwest this week - phoned them to confirm all still ok with DMP and they were actually really nice :)
    I'm getting brave now ringing these creditors!

Feeling more positive every day and cannot thank you all enough for getting me this far :D

BDFSH x
  • Mooglet71
    Mooglet71 Posts: 85 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2014 at 4:49PM
    Options
    BDFSH
    It's amazing how assertive you become when you have no choice. I find it much easier to deal with creditors now and in the main, the people on the phones are really helpful. I also find it a lot easier to say no to things too. If you haven't got the money, it makes the decision a lot easier :)
    Make £10 a day: £48.76/£150
  • Monkeyballs
    Monkeyballs Posts: 1,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening my lovers!

Just wanted to chip in and say that I advocate speaking to your creditors too :) it's not half as scary as you think it will be and once you've done a couple it's like riding a bike (wrong analogy I know but I can't think of a better one LOL).

Best of all, you are taking the power back! You are standing up and saying my debt, my problem, my solution, my way! :)

MB of G x
  • Karen777
    Karen777 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    ^^^^ I now have Frank Sinatra in my head...... which is interfering with my serious work face :)
    Debt at highest - June 2013 - 26k/ March 2018 - 2500
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Monkeyballs
    Monkeyballs Posts: 1,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah... Frankie :)

frank-sinatra-quote-3.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7WDqn_SDH6wET00B-gqMbJTt2sDMGyGMcXfajRarGUWPKAC_ebg

MB of G x
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    I just need to say, or rather scream, I hate cars :mad:

That's it, vented and off my chest. I know some of you will understand :A

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

TTFTM x

I feel your pain TTFTM, I really do - I have just forked out another £181 to get mine through the MOT and the central locking has packed up and too expensive to repair. What a pain:mad::mad:
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options

TTFTM x

Oh dear, TTfTM hope the venting helped a bit. & GUO am I correct thinking you prepared for this sort of thing by increasing the DMP car budget? Good job if you did !

For me it's the kitchen electrics that have been spooked by Halloween, first the washer, then the kettle and now the blummiin microwave is joining in, tsk tsk :T
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills