We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 10

Options

Comments

• Ellieseleven
    Options
    Morning all,

Just dropping by to catch up with everyone's news!

I've reached another milestone in my DMP journey (my life is full of milestones!:o), just gone over 60% paid back;)

I'm working away a lot at the moment but in my new job this gives us a bit extra each month in my salary so I'm not complaining! The winter is the worst part of the year for us as OH's job is seasonal, I normally dread the next few months and whether we can manage but so far we're ok:o

I'm loving the £1 a day challenge and my tin is almost full:) This will pay for Christmas;)

Take care all
    Ellie xx
  • jubilee14
    Options
    Well done EE thats a great milestone to achieve your on the downward slope to DFD Hurray.
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • jubilee14
    Options
    Sazzie23 wrote: »
    Cor we had dropped to page 3, can't remember last time that happened, must mean it's all going smoothly in DMP land !

I think this could be as a result of HH dfd:rotfl:or Sir MB is off on a quest again.
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • Karen777
    Karen777 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    well done Ellieseleven!! that's great on all fronts...
    Debt at highest - June 2013 - 26k/ March 2018 - 2500
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Morning all,

I've reached another milestone in my DMP journey (my life is full of milestones!:o), just gone over 60% paid back;)

I'm working away a lot at the moment but in my new job this gives us a bit extra each month in my salary so I'm not complaining! The winter is the worst part of the year for us as OH's job is seasonal, I normally dread the next few months and whether we can manage but so far we're ok:o

I'm loving the £1 a day challenge and my tin is almost full:) This will pay for Christmas;)

Take care all
    Ellie xx

Well done on the latest milestone Ellie, 60% is fantastic! :T

We had a lovely moneybox of £2 coins but then real life got in the way and we had to spend them. Oh well, we have started saving them again for this time next year. :j

For all who sympathised re car, can I share some more woe please. It's still in the garage from Thursday :mad:

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Ellie, amazing progress you should be very proud.. :T

:eek: TTFTM.. cars grrr.. I think most of us on here share your pain.. mine is still making a horrible noise in reverse.. I just try to drive forwards all the time..... :D and I need new windscreen wipers mine are rubbish.... ho hum... Hope it doesn't cost too much for yours to be fixed..

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • lumpyspaceprincess
    Options
    My DMP payment went ahead today for the first time since my break, it feels pretty good! Means I can actually update my signature!

Still a super stingy month, but will get through it one way or another. Sent some things to music magpie, hopefully they will process it fairly swiftly.
    ¤ £25k paid off with Stepchange DMP ¤ Debt Free 01/09/17 ¤
    ¤ Saving for a house deposit by '19 ¤ Savs @ £20,000 ¤

• Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Morning all,

Take care all
    Ellie xx

Hoorah - another thread milestone.

Well done Ellie - WELL over half way now :)

So good to see more debt behind you than in front

HHx
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    jubilee14 wrote: »
    I think this could be as a result of HH dfd:rotfl:or Sir MB is off on a quest again.

Morning

Still around and reading but think it's important everyone gets a voice and the threads sustainable and that needs fresh blood :)

Especially loving the support and celebrations.

HHx
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Well done on the latest milestone Ellie, 60% is fantastic! :T

We had a lovely moneybox of £2 coins but then real life got in the way and we had to spend them. Oh well, we have started saving them again for this time next year. :j

For all who sympathised re car, can I share some more woe please. It's still in the garage from Thursday :mad:

TTFTM x

Sorry to hear about the car twin.

What's going on?

HHx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business