Forever Home Fund

Options

Comments

• katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Requested £20.82 from TCB so will OP this afternoon :)

Went to farmers market earlier - someone was selling a tiny bundle of rhubarb (maybe 300g? No more than 500g certainly) for £2.20 :eek:

Have put a bundle of rhubarb out at the gate for £1 along with the duck eggs :D

Did spend some money at market - £7.80 on some sweet chilli sauce and a really lovely piccalilli plus £7.70 on a joint of mutton for tomorrow.

Got some sprout plants (9 for £2) and a yellow courgette for £1.20.

Oops to spending money!

Another suit listed on eB@y. Slow and steady :)
  • katep23
    Options
    Just back from emergency vets, our youngest cat has a wound on her chest - could be a bite or puncture from barbed wire :(

Poor thing, she is very sorry for herself.

Did end up spending more at the garden centre yesterday - got 2 tomato plants (really healthy and look like they are about to flower :)) and a grow bag plus some chicken bedding.

On the chicken front, we are getting another 4 rescue hens next Saturday :T We've got the space and I have a waiting list for eggs at work. But the real reason is that I love knowing we're giving them a really good life :)

Sold half a dozen eggs yesterday and another half dozen this morning plus some rhubarb - it'll all help towards the vet bill :o
  • katep23
    Options
    Thank goodness it's the weekend :D Long and stressful week but I made it :T

£4.60 egg sales this week including half a dozen to a chap who is going to put the duck eggs under his broody chicken :)

Just done a survey online which I should get £20 for, first time I have actually been accepted for one :T Don't know how long it takes to pay out so will wait until I get it before OPing.

Meeting at customer site today so saved £13 in fuel going to work and made about £40 on my expenses so will OP £50.

Got some money on hold in Paypal (almost £29) but once it is available I will OP this as well.

Bought 10 bags of mixed corn from the local farm shop and got another one free; it's already a good price so very happy with that. Just need to find somewhere to store it now :)

New chickens tomorrow :T:T:T
  • katep23
    Options
    Just OPd £49.32 as it left an odd amount otherwise :D

Found £6 in the pocket of the jeans I put on this morning, nice surprise :)

We were booze free all last weekend and last night (don't drink during the week due to being up at stupid o'clock) so I reckon we must have saved about £50! Reckon I might OP this too :)

OH is working in London today, just dropped him to train station sa buses don't start this early on a Saturday. Poor thing, he has been working so hard preparing for today (he works in IT so it's all about writing and testing config), I really hope it goes well for him.

Spent £52.10 at Ocado and £4.40 at Tescos this week (but this was on money card so didn't cost me actual money). Groceries this month = £148.83.

Lots to do today, including bottling up home brew wine and getting the next kit going.

Oh yes, and did I mention the new chickens :D
  • katep23
    Options
    Added Blue Rewards thingy to Barclays account so that is £4 / month which can be OPd.

Created a spreadsheet to keep track of egg sales. £1.30 already today, put another half dozen out :)

Went to butcher and stocked up - £62.16. Plus £37.49 at AF :o

Total grocery spends = £248.48.
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    Great work overpaying kate :]

i bet you earn a fair bit every year thro egg sales :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • katep23
    Options
    Working from home day so that saves £13 in fuel :)

No more OPs to report, did a small TT yesterday to offset. Payday next Friday and I still have £500 in my account so will be able to transfer more at the end of the month.

Next month need to pay £410 for studying and exam plus buy 4 new tyres for [STRIKE]rusty[/STRIKE] trusty diesel :o

My bonus at the end of this month will be £8.10 so will actually be able to see what my new basic wage looks like since payrise - actually, it will be back-dated to April so no I won't!

I found I was feeling really under pressure because I have so many things (mostly small quick tasks) to do but they're just going round in my head and popping up at random times (like when I'm driving to work. I've now got a notebook to keep in my bag and when I think of something I add it to the list so I don't need to stress about remembering it.

Then at lunchtime or any spare time I can just pick up the list and do one thing, cross it off and stop worrying about it. It's already helping me stop feeling under pressure and I crossed 4 things off yesterday which I probably wouldn't have remembered otherwise!

In money news, am getting OH an additional card on my JLP account - he uses his card for work expenses but gets no benefits so we'll get some cashback this way and I can manage the account to make sure he doesn't pay any interest :)
  • katep23
    Options
    Made it to the weekend :D

Our young cat was so worried we would be late for work she took it upon herself to wake us up by purring loudly in our ears. Oh and now you're awake, could you get me some breakfast :D

Looks like a lovely day here. Got OH's family over early afternoon then we're off out for lunch. Need to get the house straight, take young cat to the vets (hopefully for her stitches out) and do some admin things - all before everyone gets here at 1.00.

Had a chat with OH last night and we've agreed that I'm going to study two units this term :eek: So for 9 weeks I'll have college after work Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Will change my work at home day to Thursday - I don't get home until 10.00 so it's hard to get up at 5.30 the next day, working from home does make a difference.

Does mean I have to pay an extra £440 next month although I know my tutor would be happy for me to pay half in June and half in July because I am self-funding but we have the money so I'd rather not take advantage.

I will also do 2 units in September (2 in one day so not as bad) so it does limit what I can overpay for the next few months but this is an investment in my future and means I may get my qualification six months earlier :T

So even more important that I find extra cash to OP to keep to my target of £1,800 by end of March 2016.

Got a bid on a top on eBay (£1.99!) and must list some more to use my 20 listings before the end of the month.

I've got £10 in 20ps and almost £5 in 10ps so will bag these up and pay in at bank next weekend.
  • katep23
    Options
    Working from home today and off to see a customer tomorrow so £26 fuel saved :)

OH is going out with his work colleagues tonight so I booked him a hotel which his company will pay for - £10.50 cashback :D

Sold a couple of things on eBay so will work out profit and OP it.

Payday tomorrow and the mortgage is paid on Monday so will do an update after that.

Other than that, things are pretty quiet and not much MFW going on here.
  • katep23
    Options
    Nice surprise in the post - £10 from the charity lottery I do monthly so will pay that in (maybe tomorrow on way back from customer visit) and will OP that.

Got quite a bit to OP - £15 change, £10 lottery, £27 from expenses and £25.92 from ebay. Recording it here so I can remember! £77.92 to pay, will schedule that for tomorrow :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback