Forever Home Fund

Options

Comments

• katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Lucky, you always find the positive to look at!

3 items listed on [EMAIL="eB@y"]eB@y[/EMAIL] - not as bad as I thought.

Random thing though - I have 100 free listings but have to pay for Buy it Now whereas I think others have 20 free listings, including BINs. It is an old account though.
  • katep23
    Options
    December 2014
    Mortgage £346,545.00
    Mortgage free date 2044
    LTV 86.64%

2nd May 2015
    Mortgage £342,375.86
    OP 01/04/15 to date: £170.40 / £1,800
    Total OP to date: £547.54
    MOS: £10,748.96
    LTV: 85.59%

So we have now increased our equity by over 1%
  • katep23
    Options
    So OP £1.20 interest from joint account and £48.01 which was what I made on recent expenses for a work trip, good start to May.

Need OH to move some money around then MOS will increase. Credit card is £2K this month :eek: so not all surplus money will go to MOS.

Have calculated I should be able to add around £500 at the end of this month :)

Had a roofer round yesterday - he confirmed roof does not need replacing :T He gave a ballpark figure of around £2.5K for the work if we sort out scaffolding :T

Of course, this might increase when he calculates it all properly but it is much less than we thought and we can afford to get this done now :)

Will wait for other roofer to come round on Wednesday and see what he says but I'm happy with what this first one said.
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    Great work kate :]
    As long as that ltv goes in the right direction we onto a winner :]

wont be long the roof will be sorted :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :TWell done increasing your equity. Keep going and if you aim to get your LTV below 75% you should get a good mortgage deal.
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position (Jan 2024) : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • katep23
    Options
    Thanks Sque, my aim is to get the LTV down to 75% (£300,000) by the end of the 5 year fix.

This is based on the value remaining the same. I am hoping that the work we are doing will mean the house is worth more and so the LTV will be even better but I'm not counting on it :D

Have had quote from the roofer! As expected, it was higher than the ball-park figure but still manageable now. Will still wait for the chap on Wednesday and see what he is like :)
  • katep23
    Options
    What a gorgeous morning :)

Just having a cuppa to get me started.

Plan is to spend some time this morning listing stuff on eB@y, FB and Gumtree, then housework and clean the ducks out finishing off with a bit of studying - that's the theory anyway :p

Sold a dozen duck eggs at the gate yesterday, got my courier man coming for 5 dozen duck eggs either today or tomorrow :eek:

So that'll be another £12.60 for the pot and us completely out of duck eggs for a day or so - not sure what OH is having for breakfast :D

OH and I have been doing some planning regarding the house - the kitchen will need replacing at some time in the next few years and it's been quite good fun looking at the kind of thing we might like.

We want to create a guest bathroom upstairs then move the stud walls around so we can make our room larger, have a smaller (en suite) bathroom and (once the immersion heater goes) turn the airing cupboard into a walk in dressing room / wardrobe.

It's the first time we haven't felt so bogged down by all that needs doing and how much we need to save to do it that we've actually really started thinking about what we want :)
  • v1ckyt
    v1ckyt Posts: 302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    katep23 wrote: »
    What a gorgeous morning :)

Just having a cuppa to get me started.

Plan is to spend some time this morning listing stuff on eB@y, FB and Gumtree, then housework and clean the ducks out finishing off with a bit of studying - that's the theory anyway :p

Sold a dozen duck eggs at the gate yesterday, got my courier man coming for 5 dozen duck eggs either today or tomorrow :eek:

So that'll be another £12.60 for the pot and us completely out of duck eggs for a day or so - not sure what OH is having for breakfast :D

OH and I have been doing some planning regarding the house - the kitchen will need replacing at some time in the next few years and it's been quite good fun looking at the kind of thing we might like.

We want to create a guest bathroom upstairs then move the stud walls around so we can make our room larger, have a smaller (en suite) bathroom and (once the immersion heater goes) turn the airing cupboard into a walk in dressing room / wardrobe.

It's the first time we haven't felt so bogged down by all that needs doing and how much we need to save to do it that we've actually really started thinking about what we want :)

That's all good news, some light at the end of the tunnel and the chance to look at gloss brochures and wish is always good. Glad to hear about plans for guest bedroom, when I runaway over to yours leaving kids here will be nice to have own bathroom. Hope you won't insist I repay the favour when you travel down here!

Egg sales going well.
  • katep23
    edited 6 May 2015 at 7:20AM
    Options
    Working from home day, saves about £13 every week :)

Sold a dozen hens eggs - £2.70 for pot.

Dress sold of eB@y - £1.33 after fees.

Will OP these today.

Had a Best Offer on some shoes, will see if I get any more interest today then might accept it. Will also list some more shoes today. Got a watcher on one dress. Feel like I am starting to get somewhere.
  • katep23
    Options
    Sold two pairs of shoes on eB@y - should net £20 after fees, maybe a bit more depending on postage.

Will try and list a few more bits over the weekend. Am using Buy It Nows so not everything finishes at once.

Quiet night last night - we were both shattered and we want an alcohol free weekend so were in bed at 9.20 :o

£16.10 on veg box and £60.73 on Ocado shop this month. Really want to keep track of what I spend on groceries as am sure I spend waaayy too much for 2 of us. We like good food and can afford it but I think we eat too much meat / rich food.

We've ended up with a cucumber glut as OH has rebelled and not had salad at all this week for lunch so I might pickle a couple today so they don't go to waste.

No plans for today other than popping to the post office and potting up seedlings - need to get more compost so will take a trip out to the garden centre but will try to stick to just that!

Saw that a local GC to work has all their seed potatoes at 70% off - we have a small veg patch and have agreed not to increase it this year whilst we are deciding where things can go and we don't really have the time to manage a large patch but was sooo tempting to buy several bags to shove in the ground!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback