HELP NEEDED - JUICE PLUS TOOK MONEY WITHOUT Consent

Options

Comments

• ChopperST
    ChopperST Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Semple wrote: »
    You should return the letter with "Debt in dispute" and a note that says any further communications will be treated as harassment and reported to the police.

I've treated it the same way I treat letters from parking companies. Think the police have better things to do TBH.
  • michaelaismail
    Options
    I read all of the above with absolute horror. I have been trying to communicate with Just Juice since May to cancel my order and all I had ever received was an automated response. That was until I threatened legal action. Every phone number I tried was discontinued and even my Consultant said that she had tried three times since then to cancel my order but was getting no where. In the end I had no option but to contact my bank. Once I explained my situation and went through all of the correspondence that I had been sending to them and also to my Consultant the bank refunded me the previous three payments and blocked Just Juice from taking money again. I have to admit that I don't believe for one minute that my consultant was telling me the truth that she couldn't get hold of them.

I have since written to Just Juice informing them of the Bank's decision and explained once again of all the communication that I have as proof and if they try to take things further I will go to Trading Standards as they are clearly operating illegally.

Michaela
  • ChopperST
    Options
    Ignore, ignore ignore!

The threats of legal action are just that.
  • emalou6490
    Options
    Hey I've had the sane problem the distributor discussed with me I wud pay as I try so I sed I wud give a months try as my circumstances I cud nt do full 4months she agreed took my bank details & first payment wen I received goods they was 4 months worth which I didn't ask for now she's blockd me on fb & sed she wud be still taking payments ov me & told me good look I've had it stopped by the bank how do I speak to the juice plus manager as I'm getting no look so far.
  • ChopperST
    Options
    Speak to your bank, they will refund you and block any further payments to these fraudsters.
  • rorysdad
    rorysdad Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

My daughter via her (now ex!) friend agreed to buy one lot of Jucie Plus at £52. There was mention of paying £52 by four installments - but she was also told (and we have all this in writing on text messages between her and the rep) she could cancel at anytime.

The rep also told her that the first payment would be by card - and then a DIRECT DEBIT would be set-up. The first payment was taken as we gave the rep the card number.

We then called the rep - and confirmed by text message - saying we wanted no more product and no more payments taken.

Nobody had contacted us for Bank details for a direct debit.

Shocked to find the second payment of £52 had left the Bank.

At no time was there any agreement to have payments taken by recurring card payment - which is how they now claim they do it. No paperwork signed and no agreement to pay over 4 months.

Emailed Juice Plus - no reply. Tried to call the rep and texted her - no response.

Very naughty IMHO what they have done. Can't get the 2nd payment back as they have taken it from our debit card.

RD
  • rorysdad
    Options
    ChopperST wrote: »
    Speak to your bank, they will refund you and block any further payments to these fraudsters.

Will the Bank refund if the payments were taken from a DEBIT card - I thought refunds only applied to credit cards?

RD
  • ChopperST
    Options
    rorysdad wrote: »
    Will the Bank refund if the payments were taken from a DEBIT card - I thought refunds only applied to credit cards?

RD

You are thinking of section 75 for Credit Cards.

You did not authorise the payments - inform the bank, they will refund you, cancel the current card and claim the money back from the merchant - unless the juice plus rep can produce a contract showing you agreed for the subsequent payments, which if your case is like my wife's they wont be able to as you didn't agree to it.
  • rorysdad
    Options
    ChopperST wrote: »
    You are thinking of section 75 for Credit Cards.

You did not authorise the payments - inform the bank, they will refund you, cancel the current card and claim the money back from the merchant - unless the juice plus rep can produce a contract showing you agreed for the subsequent payments, which if your case is like my wife's they wont be able to as you didn't agree to it.

Thanks. Called the Bank and within an hour the money has been refunded to our account - and blocked Juice Plus taking any further payments using the card details.

RD
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

You can cancel a recurring payment set up on your debit card AT ANY TIME without reason. This is under the Payment Services Regulations 2009.
    You do NOT have to cancel or try to cancel with the retailer first and it is irrelevant that you initially agreed to the payments. You would in that case still be liable to pay in a different manner according to the contract you entered in to (not that I 've seen much evidence of contracts here!)

If you are attempting to cancel an upcoming 'normal' payment then you must contact your bank at least 1 working day before the transaction is due to happen. If you do this (no reason required) your bank MUST prevent the payment, but if the payment does happen they MUST refund you and if the payment causes excess charges (with the bank or elsewhere) then the bank must refund those too.

If any money is taken that is not a 'normal' payment (ie; an extra payment, payment too early, wrong amount etc - then these are all 'unauthorised transactions' which the bank MUST refund (clearly you could not give notice to the bank on these as they were unexpected.)

I do this in my job several times a month - banks are getting better at accepting the law - but some still tell you none sense like "you need to contact the retailer" etc. Don't stand for it - tell them you will make a formal complaint and refer them to the Financial Ombudsman!

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure