PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• islandhoppa
    islandhoppa Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went awol during July as owing to health reasons shopping was delegated to family members and lost track of spends, but back on track now so declaring a budget of £150 for the calendar month of August, it's low for us but we're away for one week and cupboards have recently been stocked courtesy of AF so hopefully doable
  • edinburghlad
    edinburghlad Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 July 2014 at 9:18PM
    Options
    Can you put me down for £130 from 18th July - 17th Aug (due to pay days). This is my first month so we will see how it goes :-)
  • frugirl
    frugirl Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to join this, please. Our budget is £250 for 2 adults and 2 children.
  • Landgirl81
    Options
    Hi I'm new!

I'd like to do this challenge as the last couple of months our grocery spending has been a bit more than usual.

My month starts on the 5th of August and my budget is £100
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,i running freezers down so only fruit and veg and dairy to be got maybe the odd ys we shall see so can i pls be put in for £50 thanks xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Solstice_3
    Solstice_3 Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I'll be back in August with £320 still got a little over a week left on July but marking my spot here for reading :)
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am just squidging in to the July budget I set, but August I shall dare myself to go a bit lower at £170. I will be trying my utmost to beat it as I have to go to a sci-fi con thingy and that will be a bit :eek: on the wallet.
    I'll start 28th July and end 29th August.
    Back in debt again, but for a good cause. £17K to go

April Grocery Challenge: £228.36/200

Decluttering 856/2024 Awards 🥇
    (22/04/24)
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    nsd too hot to go anywhere that involves crowds anyway. good luck all xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Still on my July challenge but would like to set a budget of -
    £200 for August please this will include a BBQ for at least 8 people but not the drinks.

Nice to see some new people joining - good luck and hope it helps to reduce your spending. It certainly has mine. :j
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • agreenmess
    agreenmess Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    We've been really crap lately so have upped our budget to £200 really wanting to stick to this as well be getting a house next year and want to make sure we can survive! Off to do my meal plan now :)
    Nessy x
    House Deposit - £0 /£20,000
    Weight Loss - .5lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills