edited 11 September 2014 at 12:29PM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
45 replies 26.6K views

Replies

• mije1983mije1983 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fluff15 wrote: »
    I think we're just lucky to have a bunch with more than half a brain cell at the Borehamwood depot.

This.

Borehamwood is my local depot too and I've never had a problem with the numerous items I've had delivered both to my house and work fromYodel (I've cursed it now!)

In fact, a parcel I had delivered by them from Zavvi last week arrived a day earlier than estimated.
  • SJ_JonesSJ_Jones Forumite
    182 Posts
    mije1983 wrote: »
    In fact, a parcel I had delivered by them from Zavvi last week arrived a day earlier than estimated.

A day early isn't always a good thing though - especially if they don't find you in and leave it somewhere random.
  • I_luv_catsI_luv_cats Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aileth wrote: »
    To be honest, I used to think Yodel were the worst. Then I experienced UPS. Yodel do not have a patch on how dire UPS are in this area!!! Left hand can't talk to the right is an understatement.

UPS
    have been brilliant for me. Friendly and speedy (even parcels from Europe)
    Yodel are generally slower from Europe. (for me) In the UK 'Yodel' are too often later than planned.
    Lucifa42 wrote: »
    Probably same, but I guess more difficult to say with a shop that is open from 9-5pm that "no one was in".

One of my click + collect's was marked-up as 'retailer closed' (a newsagent open early to late!!!!
  • ChrissecChrissec Forumite
    33 Posts
    just spent 4 1/2 days waiting for a tv to be delivered by yodel that was supposed to be next day...when it finally arrives I see then knocking on a door 2 doors up in an unmarked van....even marked it delivered and signed for by 'Paul' till I told them I lived alone...then it mysteriously appeared back on the van....awful service!
  • MorglinMorglin Forumite
    15.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be lucky round here, as, to be honest, we have no trouble with Yodel at all.

They turn up, always, as notified.

Perhaps it's a regional problem?

Lin :think:
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • SJ_JonesSJ_Jones Forumite
    182 Posts
    chrissec wrote: »
    just spent 4 1/2 days waiting for a tv to be delivered by yodel that was supposed to be next day...when it finally arrives I see then knocking on a door 2 doors up in an unmarked van....even marked it delivered and signed for by 'Paul' till I told them I lived alone...then it mysteriously appeared back on the van....awful service!

From what company?
  • Inner_ZoneInner_Zone Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    • Very
    • Sports Direct
    • Plantify
    • Zooplus (but for extra you can upgrade to a different company - worth it!)
    • Tesco Direct
    • Amazon (Non-Prime definitely - not 100% about Prime)
    • Jo Malone
    • Littlewoods
    • Zavvi
    • Ebuyer
  • mattytunmattytun Forumite
    13.9K Posts
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    Ive never had a problem with them think it must be a regional problem
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • Argos (who quite frankly are nearly as bad as Yodel)
    Virgin Media (if you request self install of a superhub)
    Tesco (Yodel also do their delivery to store service)

My mum has now been waiting two days for a delivery of a garden bench which has been out for delivery since 9.30am yesterday. The gormless woman at Argos said "perhaps its stuck in traffic". Its got to travel from one side of Leicester to the other a distance of 16 miles and the traffic isn't that bad!
  • ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a big order from Lakeland this week. The majority of the stuff came in one box delivered by Hermes, but the biggest (and most expensive) item (a whirlygig washing line, only available online, not to "collect in store") came via Yodel. The young man who delivered was very pleasant, and was prepared to carry a long and unwieldy parcel to anywhere in house for me (I have mobility probs, so usually use a walking stick to get to front door) so I thought they did pretty well. But the parcel wasn't logged onto their tracking system over the first 2 days I was looking, and in the end it was sheer luck it arrived while I was sitting in the living room, and not down the far end of the garden.

So I guess you can add that some packages from Lakeland are delivered by Yodel.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals