Grant of Confirmation

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
263 replies 56.5K views

Replies

• dougstergdougsterg Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    Hi TcpnT,
    As you rightly say, its no big deal and nothing a calculator and a pen cannot finish off :-)
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TcpnT said:
    I just downloaded the form and tried it and I see exactly the same result as you. I seriously wonder whether the form is meant to do the calculations for you or perhaps that part of the downloaded form functionality is broken. It's a very simple form - if it was me I would just print out the blank form and fill it in by hand.
    One further possibility is that the auto calculations only work when opened in specific software. Perhaps it has to be Acrobat rather than just Acrobat Reader.?
    Yes, that's another possibility. I found that I had to download HMRC stuff from one particular browser (can't remember which) or it didn't work at all. 
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • lifegoeson2013lifegoeson2013 Forumite
    33 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hello all, I'm very impressed with all the informative notes and have been studying it all day.  I'm needing a bit of help with an issue which hasn't yet been covered (I think) in fact I have a few queries but I'll start with an easy one.
    From the HMRC Notes:  Page 1 -  Executors. Please include the names and current addresses of all the Executors.  My address on the will is my previous address.  If I enter my current address will this be classed as an error?
    I note that in the Declaration 2.  it mentions addresses and previous addresses, would that be the place to put it?
    Thank you :smile:

• Pam243Pam243 Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post First Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hello Lifegoeson2013
    Yes I would just put down your current address. I'm assuming you previously lived at the same address as the person's estate you are dealing with? 
    You can put previous addresses later in the form but from memory I think it asks for previous addresses within a certain time e.g last 5 years. 

• Hello everyone,

Been a long-time fan of moneysavingexpert, but I didn't think I'd find the most valuable resource for getting Confirmation would be here on these forums.

I am currently trying to fill out the C1 as I await on some organisations to get back to me to finalise the value of the estate, which will be under the IHT threshold easily (but still counted as a Large Estate).  I'm applying to the Sheriffdom of Lothian and Borders (Edinburgh). I'm so thankful for the original poster (NiceD) and all the contributors here (questions and answers), which make the whole process seem so much less daunting. Even just the wording of some paragraphs I would not have come up with myself - thank you so much! I don't know why this information isn't more public, but thanks to the efforts of everyone here it can be found.

It doesn't look like there's much recent activity on this thread, but if anyone (TcpnT, Pam243?) has any anonymised examples they could send me, I would be so grateful (even more so than I already am).
  • BonnieBisouBonnieBisou Forumite
    5 posts
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello everyone,

Been a long-time fan of moneysavingexpert, but I didn't think I'd find the most valuable resource for getting Confirmation would be here on these forums.

I am currently trying to fill out the C1 as I await on some organisations to get back to me to finalise the value of the estate, which will be under the IHT threshold easily (but still counted as a Large Estate).  I'm applying to the Sheriffdom of Lothian and Borders (Edinburgh). I'm so thankful for the original poster (NiceD) and all the contributors here (questions and answers), which make the whole process seem so much less daunting. Even just the wording of some paragraphs I would not have come up with myself - thank you so much! I don't know why this information isn't more public, but thanks to the efforts of everyone here it can be found.

It doesn't look like there's much recent activity on this thread, but if anyone (TcpnT, Pam243?) has any anonymised examples they could send me, I would be so grateful (even more so than I already am).
    I could send a copy of mine if you give me your email
  • naedangernaedanger Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I ask when you sent the court the forms?
  • JACFBJACFB Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    Hi there, with many thanks to TcpnT and BonnieBissou I am nearly ready to submit my confirmation application.  I have read all previous posts but I am still struggling with the heritable estate.

My mother's property is registered in the Register of Sasines.  I have the search sheet number and the date it was registered...is this all I need? 
    Would be so very grateful for any advice. 

• JACFB said:
    Hi there, with many thanks to TcpnT and BonnieBissou I am nearly ready to submit my confirmation application.  I have read all previous posts but I am still struggling with the heritable estate.

My mother's property is registered in the Register of Sasines.  I have the search sheet number and the date it was registered...is this all I need? 
    Would be so very grateful for any advice. 

Go onto Scotland land information service. Search for your property using the map. Click on the property and the info that comes up should give you the title number and this is what you need.