PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Come Fly With Me

Options

Comments

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

Today is overcast with a hint of sunshine here. Going to get the washing out in a mo - woke up at 6 and put it on before getting back in for a lie in :)

Today it's the usual dailies and a few work items:

- walk dogs
    - 2 loads of washing
    - unload and reload DW
    - clean garden
    - sweep downstairs
    - S&S kitchen
    - S&S bathroom
    - gym
    - remark coursework
    - start sorting out SoW
    - get bread from SM

Hope you all have a lovely peaceful sunny day
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My hips are agony today.. just sitting/lying hurts.. I think I may have overdone it somewhat yesterday!

Today I still need to get through a mountain of washing and I've not looked at that understair cupboard I keep saying I'm going to do.. I have to keep mentioning it before I forget entirely.

Today I shall be mostly doing nothing.. Off to take some drugs see if that helps any.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear pigpen, poor you :( Sounds like a day with your feet up is required.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well the knickers are tidied ;) and the ironing is done and put away. Just waiting for DD to finish her lunch and we will head out to the front. DS said we will need his tractor and trailer for the weeds :D

We've all 3 had something different for lunch...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Options
    Decisions finally made to let some stuff go. The only way it seems to work for me is to ask myself, 'When am I going to use this?' Realistically, as only one person in 21 years has needed a toothbrush and toothpaste from us, I can let all of the free ones from airlines and hotels - go. To the Women's Refuge, so well rehomed. And all the toiletries that have been occupying cupboard shelf space from the ranges that I no longer use - can go.

Bossy, my knicker drawer has had a thorough sort today, too. I think I've found a way of not needing to resort sorted spaces quite so frequently in the future. It seems to be working in some areas, anyway.

OH is away for the day watching his team, one lodger left this morning and the other has gone out. I finally have the house to myself and it feels rather comfortable today.
    Better is good enough.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some DVDs dropped off to new owner

Park visited
    Mr T visited
    Cheap coffee bargain shop visited for DH work supplies

I'm ironing and the radio just played the last dance tune followed by our 1st dance from our wedding x

Back lawn cut by DH

Mouldy shed cushions wrapped ready for tip run tomorrow

Hugs to all in need x

Honey Bear you seemed to have cracked it x
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Front all tidied and the big weeds are decluttered, kiddies have had a bit of time on the bikes and helped with a bit of gardening too. DD has had two strops but nothing like yesterday. DS in the main is being lovely, however he is (as any 5yr old would) reacting rather unpleasantly when DD bothers him... Keeping them occupied and apart is working ;)

I'm having another very dilute p!mms lol I've got a taste for it now. That, or they've driven me to drink ;)

After this I'll go out and do more gardening in the back. We've done some seed sheets in the front - there are 2 wall baskets and a trough hanging on the porch railing that hopefully in some weeks will be full of trailing petunias :D
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • FizzWhizz
    FizzWhizz Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I'm glad that today is turning out a bit calmer for you, bossy :) I too have ironed and put away, there's more washing than I can cope with at the mo but I'm trying my best. DH's filthy cricket kit is next to go in, I have spent most of today laughing at his attempts to sit down, his legs are killing him after 45 overs of wicket keeping :D

I need to slap some dye on DD's roots and start prepping a big roast dinner. Watching the BTCC and "my" driver has just caused a crash which forced a premature end to the second race. I was hoping that wearing my team polo shirt would being good luck but apparently not! :(
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Options
    Second WM load out on the lines - it's a gorgeous hot day here, at long last. Shredding done, cupboard under the kitchen sink sorted yet again, more stuff chucked.

I wish I did have it cracked, Dancemum. What I'm beginning to understand is that just sorting the gibble, chucking/recyling/donating some of it and piling the rest back into the space it used to occupy means that the whole process will have to be repeated relatively quickly because I'll have shoved more stuff into the space I cleared. If you saw the state of my desk you'd realise how swamped I am.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    The people you love are forever young, and forever yours, in your hearts
    Very well said; yesterday was the 12th anniversary of "that" wine tasting evening, where Mr LW and I finally "clicked" iyswim, having been attending Dungeons & Dragons since the January. (Mr LW had been going for several years, I joined in the January). The wine tasting was organised and hosted by the chap who was our Dungeon Master, - with, as we found out later, a view to giving us a push, as neither of us would have ever got around to doing anything about the fact that we liked each other:o We always raise a glass of champagne to him, as he left us for the Summerlands in October 2007. So... Cheers, Colin.:beer: Gone ahead of us, but never forgotten.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure