IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You don't post on forum "stickies"

You read them !

You need to read the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum to get advice, then if you need more help start your own thread
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 January 2017 at 1:16PM
    Options
    tone1947 wrote: »
    My daughter(currently travelling round India till May) recently received a penalty fine from NCP at Wivenhoe Station which she uses regularly. One day in Dec 2016 she actually forgot to access her RingGo app and subsequently received her fine.
    She appealed through POPLA, and received all the relevant guilt bumf including Sht 3 of the RingGo printout indicating the date of the offence. She appealed again requesting consideration of the number of occasions she has parked there, as would have shown up on Shts 1 & 2.
    This was further rejected in a LAST REMINDER letter from NCP indicating that the fine was NOW £75, not £50
    2 Questions
    1 Do you consider it is fair that this appeal should have been rejected?
    and
    2 If so, and taking in account, that all appeals/email/correspondence were conducted within the timescale prescribe in the documentation, is it fair that the fine should increased?

Regards
    Tony Troop

It is not a fine.

The PoPLA decision is not binding on the motorist so there is no requirement to pay it.

A station car park is most likely covered by byelaws and is not relevant land as far as the POFA is concerned. This should have been mentioned in the appeal if that is the case.
    If byelaws do apply, you are now in ingore mode until this becomes statute barred after six months.

This thread is for information only, not for asking questions. However, don't panic. Do not pay. Just wait and see what happens next, ignoring debt collectors as explained in the NEWBIES thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • tone1947
    Options
    But if my daughter ignores it, what will happen with the threat of DCAs or County Court proceedings which could affect he credit rating

Where do I find the MAIN thread and the NEWBIES thread?
    I am a newcomer to this forum
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Click the newthread.gif button.

No more replies here please.
  • Glenbod
    Options
    Hi

I recently visited the Wharf Shopping centre in Walsall. I entered on a busy bank holiday and did not see the 'contract board' indicating Parking eye's T&Cs. I drove for 10 minutes but was unable to find a space. My wife got out and went to TK Maxx . I continued to search for a spot but got stuck between drivers arguing over a space. They blocked the road and the traffic backed up behind me. After 27 minutes in total , my wife got back in the car and we left the car park. At no time did i park the car and subsequently was unable to obtain a ticket from the machine.

Parking would have cost £1.00 , the fine is £85.00 ( reduced to £50 if paid early )

I have appealed to them to ask for :

- copy of their notice board ( on entry to the car park ) to show their T & Cs as I genuinely cannot remember seeing it whilst driving.
    - video footage of my wife exiting the unparked car after 10 minutes
    - video footage of the dispute between 2 drivers causing the blockage
    - clear signage photos that they claim are around the car park.

I personally feel that a parking charge should relate to parking , but because i did not park / get out of the car, I feel it's unacceptable

They have not accepted my appeal and have not provided any of the evidence that I gave them. I cannot reply to them as they give no contact info and the next step is a Popla appeal, however, if I appeal, i lose the right to the early payment amount .

I want to ask someone ''Do i have to pay for parking if i can't actually park ?'' , but there's no one to speak to or email .

Any advice here, I have until the 14th Feb to appeal to Popla or pay.

Glen
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please read the Newbies Sticky and start your own thread - This is an information thread and not for hijacking/other discussion!

And you never "speak" to a PPC - stick to mail/email from now-on!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glenbod, this thread is specifically for information only. It is not a place for asking questions.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then start your own thread if you need further help.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • pogofish
    Options
    CAPPELLA wrote: »
    My wife who is disabled parked for 4hrs 23min in a free 4hr retail park. The car was caught on by camera and a Parking Charge Notice from Horizon arrived in the post. I appealed (before seeing this site) using a ref to an out of date BPA Code of Practice.para 16.5 has now been dropped.

'My vehicle XXX was parked with my Blue Badge (see attached) displayed during the period stated on the PCN.
    The BPA Code of Practice makes an explicit statement about Blue Badges:
    16.5) If your landowner provides a concession that allows parking for disabled people, if a vehicle displays a valid Blue Badge you must not issue it with parking charge notices
    Due to my disability I walk very slowly and need to rest frequently and any shopping trip takes a long time.
    I submit that your pursuing of this PCN is Disability Discrimination under the Equality Act.
    I would therefore ask you to cancel this PCN.
    Best Regards
    Frances XXXXX'

This was of course declined and I am now putting together a POPLA appeal from one of the stickies.

I was wondering if the shortcomings of my original appeal would adversely effect a subsquent POPLA appeal

MSE don't issue parking tickets - And you agreed to not hijack threads!

Please read the Newbies Sticky carefully and start your own thread to get proper help
  • Angie1162
    Options
    [Hi
    Can you please help .i parked my car in East Kilbride and payed £3.50 but I put in my old car regristration by mistake I got a penalty notice for £50 I contacted them and I did appeal telling them this . Do I have to pay.
  • pogofish
    Options
    Angie1162 wrote: »
    [Hi
    Can you please help .i parked my car in East Kilbride and payed £3.50 but I put in my old car regristration by mistake I got a penalty notice for £50 I contacted them and I did appeal telling them this . Do I have to pay.

Don't hijack info threads..!

Please do as you agreed and read the Scotland-specific advice in the Newbies Sticky and act on it. You don't have to pay anything if you do it right. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure