Feeling wretched about friend's son's accident

Options

Comments

• savingmummy
    savingmummy Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Please don`t feel guilty, honestly in time you will see it was an accident.
    It could of happened at the park, at home, in the cinema itself.

I`m sure his mouth will heal and he will be fine.
    I know how you feel though, its awful seeing a child hurt themselves like that ;(
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
  • sassyblue
    sassyblue Posts: 3,783 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    So you chose where you all went. So what !
    The other Mum could have said no.....and suggested somewhere else......or told him not to run.

A child was hurt, his Mum is probably upset her child was hurt .........and your post is all about how upset YOU are?

Either you always need to be the centre of attention ......or you are totally over reacting.

It was an accident ......just one of those things. Sometimes things are no ones fault...that is why they are called accidents.

Grow up duchy that's totally uncalled for.

OP these things happen, kids will be kids. He could have ran into a lamppost anywhere.

The tooth fairy should have to visit, early l think... :o

Happy moneysaving all.
  • jaylee3
    jaylee3 Posts: 2,127 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Agree with the majority of these posts.

You have no need to feel bad about ANYthing. Kids are always getting knocked and bashed; it's what they do :D

Quit feeling guilty you crazy woman!

His second teeth will grow through eventually.
    (•_•)
    )o o)╯
    /___\
  • sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I don't believe this is actually a topic.

Accident, they happen, stop being so sensitive
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    sassyblue wrote: »
    Grow up duchy that's totally uncalled for.

OP these things happen, kids will be kids. He could have ran into a lamppost anywhere.

The tooth fairy should have to visit, early l think... :o

I don't think it's me that needs to grow up but your attitude is noted
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    In time as he heals you will feel better about it. The little boy will be getting lots of love and attention. Its not permanent damage. Accidents happen. Maybe you are more in shock at what happened. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The other Mum could have said no.....and suggested somewhere else......or told him not to run.

A child was hurt, his Mum is probably upset her child was hurt .........and your post is all about how upset YOU are?

Either you always need to be the centre of attention ......or you are totally over reacting.

It was an accident ......just one of those things. Sometimes things are no ones fault...that is why they are called accidents.

That was nasty. So what should her post be about? "We were out and my friend's child ran into a post and knocked his front teeth out. She's very upset." Yeah, errr...sure, that's terrible...but why would you post a thread about it?

It's only human to be upset when something like this happens, but it was nobody's fault. The fact the OP feels guilty only shows she's a caring person, and got a little shook up, as anyone would be (I would have been anyway!). She's upset and wanted to post about it. It doesn't mean she "needs to be the centre of attention". It means that, well, she's upset! Have a little compassion.
  • *SuzySue*
    *SuzySue* Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Hermia wrote: »
    Every kid has accidents and every kid has scars. I have an absolutely enormous scar on my hand. It's from when I visited my mum's work and got a paper cut that cut straight through the back of my hand. I am sure it never occurred to her to protect me from paper!

TBH would you really want the kids having a life protected from everything. I had a friend whose parents were hugely over-protective. She wasn't allowed to take part in any sports, have a bike, go to the fairground, go on park equipment etc. She has a miserable childhood.

I agree. I spent 6 hours at A+E last year with my free-range daughter (then almost 3) after she fell out of a tree and cut down the side of her face by her ear. It was glued, and within a day she was begging to go back up the tree again. 6 months later you can barely see the scar. That was the worst evening, but any anxiety I had was short lived and she was back outside with sticks and trees and roller skates in no time. There was no lasting damage to her or me, thankfully.

In my friend's case, her worst fear has come true, and her son will be affected for as long as it takes his adult teeth to come through. I know its not the end of the world, but I love that little boy like he was my own and wish it hasn't happened. I see how brave my friend is and how she's not showing her son how upset he is and it just makes me love them both even more.
  • *SuzySue*
    edited 29 April 2014 at 11:57PM
    Options

What a horrible, uncaring person you must be. Do you pull the legs off spiders for fun?

I have put up and stayed up with my friend late/till the early hours for 3 nights straight, done everything I can to make her comfortable enough to sleep while the images of her child's face all covered in blood are all she sees when she closes her eyes, fed her, made sure she and her son have clean clothes and comfortable beds and you think I'm wanting to be centre of attention?!
  • *SuzySue*
    Options
    JIL wrote: »
    In time as he heals you will feel better about it. The little boy will be getting lots of love and attention. Its not permanent damage. Accidents happen. Maybe you are more in shock at what happened. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think I am in shock.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport