My cat died :(

Options
Hello all,

I've had a lot of pets in my time but they have all been family pets, but today my own cat died who I got in January, I know people will say well that's not long but I'm devastated.

I thought he would be with us for years (he was only 3) but now he's gone. How do you cope?

X
Debts @ LBM (May 2013): £25,250.27 | Debt Free: May 2015 :j:j

Comments

• Aldeney
    Aldeney Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so sorry you lost your cat and at such a young age too. To me it doesn't matter how long my cats are with me, I love them and miss them all the same.

I found great comfort in the Petloss forum which is full of people who know exactly what you are going through.

I hope that helps, best wishes.
  • cottage_retreatist
    Options
    Thank you aldeney- it is still very raw, he only passed at 3 this afternoon, I might pop over there.

I'm a wreck to tell the truth!!! He was my little baby kitty

Xx
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have had our 12 year old cat for only 2 years, she is a damned nuisance, her hairs get all over the place, she wowls like a banshee when she want something, attacks us if we do something she doesn't like. Kicks out if we pick her up, a real feral madam, but she was ill not too long since, really ill and I never thought I would be as upset as I was when the Vet said she may die, I kept bursting into tears, fortunately she recovered and she is back to her old ways, but I wouldn't swap her for all the tea in china.

Having a domestic pet is like having them as part of your family, so take your time to grieve x
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss, thinking of you x.
  • cottage_retreatist
    Options
    Thank you tea lover x
  • davenport151
    Options
    My mum got a pair of cats a few years ago one died barely four months later. She had thought she would not be so upset as it had only been a short while. She was wrong.
    How do you cope? I lost my girl last february -cried all weekend. Then off and on for the next few weeks every time I thought of her. Time does heal.
    We got a new girl in early December -can't imagine life without her now.
    ((Hugs)). my thoughts are with you.
    Back on the trains again!

• PlymouthMaid
    PlymouthMaid Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry. I am still grieving for my little dog who was taken unexpectedly ten months ago at only 8. Today I was in the yard talking to his rose bush :) Let the tears come today and whenever. I can still grizzle really easily if somebody begins talking about Marley but it does get easier.
    "'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
    Try to make ends meet
    You're a slave to money then you die"
  • cottage_retreatist
    Options
    Thank you davenport and plymouthmaid, all I've done is cry since I came home!!!! And drink vodka to numb the pain! Taken time off work-can't go in tomorrow in this state, i think the shock is the worst bit and the loss

X
  • bagpussbear
    bagpussbear Posts: 847 Forumite
    Options
    very sorry to hear your kitty passed over :-( that's such bad luck to lose him so young too.

Animals are your family and when they go, there is a distinct emptiness in your home that you feel for quite a while.

Time is a healer though.
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income