Coca Cola Rip Off

Options
12346»

Comments

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I quite like a cold coke/pepsi when its a hot day. I wouldn't worry too much about this though. Its very rare that at least one supermarket is not offering either coke or Pepsi at a discount.
    A bigger rip off for me is the fact that if you go to a newsagent, shop, vending machine etc. it's now around 70p for a can of coke. Thats ridiculous!

Especially when you can get 8 cans of pepsi for £2 in Asda at the moment
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A bigger rip off for me is the fact that if you go to a newsagent, shop, vending machine etc. it's now around 70p for a can of coke. Thats ridiculous!

If you work/play near a city centre, Savers do 500ml bottles of Pepsi for 39p. It's all sugary water, but you may as well get it cheap if you can ;)

Sometimes required on sunny days, or if I'm flagging due to too little sleep.
  • bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    FizzS wrote: »
    I noticed it a while ago and it irritates me too.
    cokes-move-to-ditch-2-litre-from-c-stores/235967.article[/URL]
    And me i use to drink 4lts of coke a day (bad for me i know but its my choice) so since the smaller bottles have appeared and the price change i now only drink the 2 1.75lt cherry zero (a bit better 4 me) as its on offer i think they should change back to the 2lts and ill be happy i dont like pepsi :(
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • Goodbar100
    Options
    Annoying isn't it. What's worse is there's no real substitute for Coke is there? Pepsi doesn't quite hit the spot like coke. Sainsburys own make are the closest I think but you can still tell the diff.

I think we will just DO NOTHING and PAY! - Ah Well!
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Goodbar100 wrote: »
    Annoying isn't it. What's worse is there's no real substitute for Coke is there?

Umm yes there is, corporation pop
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    I don't very often reply to a one year old thread, but, Coke is rubbish and no one should be drinking it. :D
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • brightonman123
    Options
    or just dump over prices, sugary teeth rotting drinks completely..
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure